Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help. I am trying to get this to work, however, I can't even get ECUFlash to open any XPT maps or customized ones that are 192kb. The only maps it will recognize are 160kb maps. I have reinstalled the newest version of ECUflash and the definitions but it still says:

"Unknown Rom Image. Ecuflash could not recognize this ROM image using any of the current definitions. You can choose one of the following options:
1)abort using this ROM image (with no chance of saving)
2)continue using this ROM image with no definition (no editing or viewable, but saveble)
3)use wizard to create a new definition (NOT RECOMMENDED!!-FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY )

it also says this "[21:51:04.140] image file is incorrect size."

The Directions from XPT are as follows:
Copy the XPTxxxxx.XML file from that directory to the following location if using EcuFlash 1.30 or lower: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadata\Subaru\WRX" , if you have an STI, change "WRX" to "STI". If you have EcuFlash 1.31 or higher, copy the file to this directory: "C:\Program Files\OpenEcu\EcuFlash\Metadata\Subaru\Impreza WRX"

I have tried multiple times to follow the instructions but I'm not sure i'm following them correctly. For some reason it is not working for me. The Rom file i downloaded is a .HEX file. Does it need to be .xml in order for ECU flash to recognize it? If so is there a way to convert the file?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.