Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What USDM Subarus came with a turbo engine? Can someone list them and their specs? Are old school Subi turbos reliable? And are there any modded fast ones out there? Thanks for any info. :)

91-94 Legacy closed deck EJ22T ~160hp, ~180tq
RX?
I think there's some others? :confused:

Another question, would the EJ20/EJ25 fit into these older cars? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have heard something of a late 80's Subaru 1.8L-Turbo engine, though I don't know much about it.

There is something called an XT-6, which comes with a turbo engine.

Then there's the Loyale, though I have no idea what this was, nor its specs. Just know it had a turbo engine.

Your right about the Legacy, as that was probably the most popular Subie turbo before the REX came. Stock vs. stock, it was a little faster than an RS, though had a very tunable engine.

As far as engines fitting in older/newer Subaru's, they will. Thats whats nice about Sube's, they're like Lego's. An engine from one car will fit into just about any other (excluding the SVX six cylinder and some others).

So, just as an example, if you wanted to drop an EJ22-T from a 1991 Legacy Turbo, you could do so with no problem.

Graham

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm not at the house at the moment but as soon as I get home I will give you a complete listing of every turbo Subaru ever built, including specifications.

See you this evening... :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Graham said:
There is something called an XT-6, which comes with a turbo engine.
The XT-6 has a 2.7L H-6 (thus the name). The XT Turbo has the turbo H-4.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have all kinds of detailed valve and cam and crank specifications too if anybody needs them.

·
Premium Member
2000 rs; STM
405 Posts
As far as engines fitting in older/newer Subaru's, they will. Thats whats nice about Sube's, they're like Lego's. An engine from one car will fit into just about any other (excluding the SVX six cylinder and some others).
the eg33 fits into our suby's there have been a few H6 swaps around here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts