Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has a single port 2.2 impreza that has a after market exhaust on it?

i just did a custom 2.25inch cat-back with a free flowing muffler and it sounds like crap, has no boxer rumble to it at all, sounds like a freakin honda.

i just want a little rumble, and a nice tone i can hear in the interior, but nothing that blows out your ear drums.

any ideas on what i can do? it just sucks because i did the same exhaust settup on my old 94 legacy and it sounded great, i think it just might be because this is a single port engine. this sucks.:bonk:

· Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive searched, who makes a un-equal length? ive herd of borla, but im not gonna fork out that much cash for something that is that prone to cracking.

· Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
4,498 Posts
I have a Magnaflow 2.5 inch CBE with stock headers and cats. It sounds awesome. As soon as I get some more money, I will be having this guy I know make me some custom unequal length headers.
Borla makes Unequal length headers for 650 bucks not including shipping.

· Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
3,187 Posts
I have Borla single ports, 2.25 mid pipe and a 05 wrx axle back and it sounds like shit! I will have my borlas for sale soon, watch the classifieds!

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
Tanabe Hyper Medallion Spec CBE with stock single port headers and cats. it's got a big ole muffler along with a resonated midpipe and it's still pretty damn loud. I duno if borla headers would fix the problem, but it's worth a shot...good upgrade anyways and alot of people look for them if you decide not to keep them

· Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
9,088 Posts
Please turbo your car so we won't have to listen to your whining.....unless you're going to whine about wiring woes, or clearance issues, or oil line fitments, or etc, etc, etc......
its all rattly and shit, but not really raspy. I dont know what the problem is but im done with this "NA" bullshit....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.