Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Doctornick,

I rode in a 12 - 14psi MY 99 auto little over a year ago and that car smushed you back in the seat. I had finger indentations in the oh crap handle. He took me out to a large parking lot and did four wheel donuts on dry pavement. I had a huge grin when we got back. That car had power to spare. It was scarey fast.

I did ride in another one a few months later; 5spd, MY00 running I believe about 5 - 8psi and it didn't have near the impact that the above car did but you could feel it pulling solidly from start until we ran out of road. A very nice strong linear pull. Much more power than the stock.

After the ride in the '99 I knew I had to force induct! :D

But alas I'm not going the turbo route. Gotta get me an S/C.

· Registered
229 Posts
Nick,

The white Turbo auto was, I think his name was Mark or something. His I-Club name was MJOS. I believe that JCSports bought it from him when he bought an Audi. I think his company partially paid for the Audi. I only got bits and pieces so I don't know the whole story. But I did ride in his car. I remember him running 215x45x16 tires on it. Someone told me it was running 12psi or better. Hmmm...when I look back I think it was nearly 2 years ago. I found JCS back in June or July of 2000. But anyway that was my first ride in a turbo car. We came up on that first curve so fast I thought for sure we were going to wreck. And I distinctly remember the chirping from the BOV.

The other car belonged to a younger guy. The car was green I think. I remember it having coilovers and had a nice gooey feeling to it instead of the boing boing I get with my S-Tech springs and AGX's. I want to say it was the guy who sold his car to get the stealth or Mitsu 3000 but I am not sure.

Shawn S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.