Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
the 16 gauge should be fine. I'd ground it to the radio bracket, not the ground for the stereo.
The oem gauge pack is grounded to the radio harness isn't? I thought it would be ok. Is there any where else under the dash to ground that you can recommend besides the bracket?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts

·
Registered
98 DOHC Coupe Red
111 Posts
Is there a pressure/dummy switch available from another car that will trigger the light at say 10 psi? 13-15psi seems low even for idle!!!??? or is this the norm?

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just used a spare stock oil pressure sensor adapter and threaded it into another port. My temp sensor was 1/8" npt

My oil pressure sensor is remote mounted via a spare turbo feed hose banjo'd to front port by cam sensor

You can see temp sensor to left of crank sensor here

My vdo pressure sensor wont fit there where your temp sensor is. The alternator will hit it.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,192 Posts
I'm using a brass T under my alternator for turbo feed and factory oil pressure sensor. It's not too tall. Have oil temp on the galley plug under the turbo outlet and looks like there is extra room there too if you want to use a T. I know my oil pressure sender unit has a pretty thick body so I don't know if there is enough room for all that.

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I'm using a brass T under my alternator for turbo feed and factory oil pressure sensor. It's not too tall. Have oil temp on the galley plug under the turbo outlet and looks like there is extra room there too if you want to use a T. I know my oil pressure sender unit has a pretty thick body so I don't know if there is enough room for all that.
Which t are you using? I have my gauges wired up and have the temp sender bolted up to the spare drain bolt. I just trying to find which plug for the pressure sender/s to use and heat sleeve for the wires. I would prefer to keep the dummy light if passable just incase the gauge or sender fails. Most t's I found had only npt not one npt and one bsp.

This picture is a send the same size. I seen someone on here just change the gallery plug to a npt and it fit. It was the glowshift one I posted earlier but that's for one port.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's a 1/8" NPT fitting from a local hardware store.

You'll likely need one of these too if you're going for any extra.
ProSport Oil Galley Plug 18NPT - Subaru WRX STI 2004-2007 | PSNUT
The oem sender is bspt. I could find a t at my local ace lowes didn't have one either. I bought the regular plug to make it npt. I'll hook up the oem sender to the rear galley one day. What heat sleeving would you recommend for the temp sender wire? I don't want it to melt from the header. I was looking at advance but their sleeving is too big for a single wire.

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Im thinking thats too tall and Alternator will hit it. You could do what i do with pressure sensor and run a hose over to fender area and use a Tee
What length hose for relocation kit? My sender is too tall. The alternator hits it

21 - 38 of 38 Posts