Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS 2.5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car is an MY04 Impreza RS. Existing relevant mods are UEL headers, and an axelback exhaust with Lukey muffler. All work was done by a well respected exhaust shop.

Yesterday the shop completed the exhaust system with the mid-pipe (and hotdog resonator). Drove around for most the day and then came home. This morning I noticed the back bumper around the exhaust had oil spotted on it. Inside the tip there is a light coating of oil, not dripping or anything.

Could this be related to the exhaust work done yesterday? Didn't think they'd use any oil in the installation process, so now my mind turns to worse thoughts such as valve seals etc.

Engine only has 102,000 kms on the clock, very well maintained by myself and my dad.

Thanks in advance, Mitch.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
It may just be some soot from the welds. The welds will char the inside of your exhaust system where the there is soot. It probably just flowed to the tip when it mixed in with the condensation.

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS 2.5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exhaust shop got back to me and said this:

"yeah that's normal champ it will stop after the lubricant that we use to pull the pipes while bending them burns off but its normal and will stop :)"

All good then I guess :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts