Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes.
I am in an auto class at school. And we just learned how to change our oil. And I have a brand new 2.5rs. Its time to change my oil and im just wondering if there is anything special about the first oil change. Cause I want it to make all the correct seals. So if I dont know that much about it should I change it our let my dealer do it.

·
I need money
1998 sub 2.5rs WRB
1,046 Posts
oil change

you shouldn't own that car if you can't change oil. I am just gald you don't have a WRX. Do you have a oil tepm guage if so. You will need to disconnect it.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Look here for details:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171

If it's the first change ever for the car, the oil drain plug and filter will be very tight. You'll need a good filter wrench to get the filter off. Also, there is a crush washer that you should replace each time. People will argue that you don't need to. Myself I change it every so often, not every time. If you have an oil temp guage there will be a wire to the oil drain plug and you'll need a 1-1/16" (22mm) open end to get it off.

Look at the pics on the link above and that should help. Use Dino oil for at least 10K before switching to Synth too.

Peaty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts