Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS BRP
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already done a few oil changes with no trouble, but I always put the car on jack stands only in the front. the car is not completely horizontal, not because I work on a slope but because the asphalt is quite irregular.

are you supposed to use jack stands or just try to not jack it at all so the oil drains out nicely?

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS Coupe AW
315 Posts
I never jack up the front of my car when doing an oil change. Most oil from the oil pan will drain out even if the car is not perfectly level. I would not sweat it.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
if you have to jack up the car. jack up the DRIVERS side. because the plug is on the passenger side.....its common sense

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
I never jack up the front of my car when doing an oil change. Most oil from the oil pan will drain out even if the car is not perfectly level. I would not sweat it.
Good advice. I've been changing my own oil on both of my subies for several years and I've never jacked either of them up to drain the oil. Just remove the filter, open the drain plug and let all the old oil run out. Never had a problem with either car

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Good advice. I've been changing my own oil on both of my subies for several years and I've never jacked either of them up to drain the oil. Just remove the filter, open the drain plug and let all the old oil run out. Never had a problem with either car
+1 for doing the oil filter first. it helps the oil come out the pan.

you dont have to jack up the car. put that was something i said if you MUST jack up the car

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
that will made some dirty if remove firter first..warm up your car.remove the plug than oil cap.than firter...when we change oil in the shop

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS StM
39 Posts
Don't worry too much about that. Just warm the engine a little and get down to business. As many people, i don't use jacks while changing the oil, and haven't had a problem on that matter.

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
hook a wet/dry vaccum up to your drain hole and suck every last drip out!

J/K!

·
Registered
03 WRX Wagon
489 Posts
If you can do it without jacking up the car thats cool but it doesn't really matter.

Open the filler cap, dump the filter, open the drain plug, fill new filter with fresh oil, open new oil bottles, re-tighten drain plug, install new filter, pour in new oil, re-tighten filler cap, stt and run engine for 30 seconds, check oil level and top off if needed.

Thats a great oil change right there. Nothing spectacular needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts