Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. I just got back from driving on the snow. It was extremely slippery out so my wheels were spinning most of the time. When i pulled up to my driveway and got out of my car . I noticed a rubbery burning smell. I sniffed around my car and found that it was comming from the front grill which = engine bay. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? leaky gasket leaking oil on radiator? Burniing coolant?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Back when I first got my Impreza I often noticed a wierd burning smell after driving it, as far as I could tell it was the clutch. I wasn't a very good manual trany driver back then and I tended to cook the clutch a bit to gain acceleration. That could be what you smell but I couldn't say without smelling it.

I've been driving in the snow in Michigan with my Impreza for just over 4 years now and I've never smelled anything different after driving in the snow. I doubt it's anything specific to the weather.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess it was just last night then. I drove it a little bit today and i didnt get and hint of that smell. Strange.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Did you look under the car? Maybe because you were driving the car hard, the oil filter could have leaked around the rubber sealant and dripped onto the exhaust manifold. That's how my car was before, so I got it tightened. No more drip or smell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts