Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Ohh shit handles for RS???

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  stalkergc 
#1 ·
I have a 98rs and inside it seems that there are mounts for the handles right above the windows, however i dont think i have ever seen them. does anyone know if they make handles or if there are OEM ones that will fit. thanks

#5 ·
I dont have the handles in my 98 either, but I do have the actual handles.

Went to dealership to get the layout for DIY.. OH GOOD GOD!!
Basically, you have to take the complete car apart just to install these things.

Gotta mount the handle brackets under the roof velvet.
To take the velver off you need to take all A and B pillars off.
To get to pillars you gotta take the rear seats and side panels off.

.. good luck

#7 ·
I have a 98 L wagon and I bought a set of handles from a 2003 WRX. Even though all 4 doors have the handle location covers, only the front passenger side had the proper mounting brackets for the handles. The WRX handles do mount perfectly though.

#17 ·
i have a 96l and there were no OS handles for it. but i went to the junkyard and found 2 L that did tan interior and gray interior. only able to use 3 cuz the driverside one just has holes but no holes for screws. but if anyone needs some OSH bars i got some tan ones still in my trunk free u pay shipping. i mean i got them for a dollar each but hey im giving them away for free but u pay shipping LOL... but why didnt i have any of these things in my car to begin with :( hehehe

#18 ·
i hate those things cause people over use them, a buddy of mine pissed me off so in my crx i took it a part and but a nice metal object in it so it would not hurt the person, but seriously make him think twice about using it. It was the greatest day ever when he used them, he was about to go into shock and i was lauging so hard, i told him to grow a set of balls or start driving us instead of me driving (crx had much better gas mileage)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.