Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey RS25ers

some of you might remember the STi Xbox 360 i built in the off-topics thread a few months ago. well, i teamed up with Skidd and decided i want to make another Xbox 360, specifically for RS25.com and its members. this is going to be a charity build, so alllllll the proceeds are goin to a TBD charity =), and after it is finished one lucky RS25 member is going to get the opportunity to buy the console! but since we havent gotten to that part yet, lets get down to business.

this thread was started because i want any RS25 member interested in this to participate in building it. what color should it be? what designs should be cut out? what kind of lights should be used? how will the console be cooled? ANYTHING! i want YOU to build this console, im only gonna deal with the labor part =D

RULES:
-lets keep this as RS25.com and Subaru oriented as possible
-i have done water cooled Xbox 360's before, im not saying no but the build may take a little longer after we've decided how its going to be built since water cooling parts can be expensive.
-this console is going to be the 1st generation Xbox 360, not the new slim. 1080p is 1080p and both consoles can produce it so it doesnt matter. besides, its a little bigger and theres more modifying you can do to it.
-if you have an idea and it isnt used in the build, dont take it personal because this isnt an RS25.com member console, this console is being built for the entire forum. lets think of ideas that everyone will agree on.

if im missing something, then i'll post it later on.

here are a few pictures of consoles ive done in the past. i always like to make the next console better than the last, so lets make this one interesting!

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Psshhttt make it light up black XD this is pretty cool. In all seriousness, I dig the wrb, but I feel like blue is too common of a lighting color...although it is the sickest looking...haha and I say save the hard drive till the very end, and whoever purchases it, write their RS25 username into it like you did "Chicago bulls" and in some kind of cool writing style.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like ipodwinners idea.
and yes obs, i think that would be a good idea. maybe the RS25 sticker with the purchasers name in cursive or something underneath the RS25 sticker. of course, the sticker wont just be a sticker, it'll be a cutout =D

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea but wouldnt you want texture to the bumper? i mean the body lines and everything? that would b the difficult part. i dont know if it would be as interesting if it was just the outline of the bumper with some holes cut out.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anyone have any questions? was i not specific enough in my original post?

if you have questions, just ask because this console isn't going to get built with out RS25's participation!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.