Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
official cusco coilover thread

Hey guys just put on my cusco zero 2e's today and can't wait to get an alignment on tuesday by andrewtech that includes corner balancing so I can make a final review/ opinion on these. I know TRIX has a set of 2r's and hopefully when he get's them installed he'll post his settings in here.

Right now I have the camber plates moded so they add in some caster as well I'll post final alignment number's after tuesday.

I'm riding on damper setting 1 right know with 10sr (spring rate) front and 8 sr in the rear. The ride isn't nearly as firm as I was expecting and only gets bumpy at times. I'm contemplating bumping them up to a higher setting to try and get a firmer ride .

I also installed the white line bump steer kit consisting of new ball joints and tie rods. the fron is sitting at 22.5" from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the fender and the rear is at 23 3/8" just because thats where we rough set them I'm sure corner weighting will change these heights as well. Any recomendations on final ride height and alignment settings. I was thinking -2 camber 0 toe front and -1 rear camber because this is a dd as well as my autocross car.

heres some pics of how the camber is sitting now
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s334/bugman1964/camber1002.jpg
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s334/bugman1964/camber1001.jpg

· Banned
5,165 Posts
Very nice camber setting. I just installed the coilovers yesterday and adjusted the ride height. After they settled it was lower than my kyb agx struts with tein s.tech springs right after the install, but of course i have to go lower. I will have an alignment soon maybe sometime this week.

· Banned
5,165 Posts
I haven't measured the ride height with a measuring tape. I'm just lowering it until it has zero finger gap. I may as well keep on lowering it and see if it has any rubbing on the fender. I like to be tuckin'

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. you'll have to let me know if ya get wheel lifting issues on drops. I have a white line 22 adjustable in the rear set at stiffest and I keep lifting wheel and spinning them.

· Banned
5,165 Posts
Bugman- I'm getting my alignment done this saturday morning by my friend's brother who works at the Nissan stealership. My friends bro is hookin me up for free. I have pictures but I don't have access to a computer that can upload them. As far as rear tires lifting I don't have any rear lift during regular street driving. It does lift up when I jack up the front tires. I have my 25mm perrin set on the medium setting.

For my ride height I have counted 8 threads showing for the fronts and 11 threads on the rears. I don't have a measuring tape to actually measure it. It has zero fender gap on 225/45/R17 Kumho V710's.

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
humm nice tire choice trix. Yeah I'm getting major wheel lift when going around driveway entrances where one side is compressed and the other side needs to drop. This is with a whiteline 22-24 adj. set at softest.

As for alignment. my final numbers came out around -2.0 camber 0 toe front and -0.5 camber and 0 toe rear. with the ability to go to -4.0 degrees front camber at full adjustment. caster at full negative camber is 4 degrees so at my current setting of camber it's probably around 2(due to the way my caster changes with camebr in current setup). Any one know what factory caster is.

As far as impressions so far I'm not sure yet. the dampers are set at 1 all the way around out of 5, I'm plannin on messing with those this weekend if I have time. The car is def. much crisper in handling and emergency lane changes it feels great. But there is still something about the handling I dont like. There is some vagueness in weight transfer that I can't figure out. The car doesnt feel like it's on rails even with running such high spring rates and extreme performance tires.

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well did my damper setting today and set them to 4 out of 5 the car is no longer bouncy but I'm in the same boat as trix and the car isnt nearly as stiff as I thought it would be even with the 10f 8r springs will post a pic of final ride height when I get one.

· Banned
5,165 Posts
It's a Tommy Kaira top wing. Yes the ride height is pretty low. When the front tires are at full lock it barely clears the fender edge. I am rubbing in my front wheel wells because of the 225's. I need to hammer the wheel wells to make more clearance.

· Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,505 Posts

· Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,505 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.