Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the oem subwoofer in my 2.5rs 2001 and I want to know if I can connect it to my aftermarket cd player (its a pioneer DEH 7800mp)?

I really don't know how!!

If it can be done, what kind of harness do I need?

Thanks!

Max

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS,
139 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not sure to understand all of this...Can anyone can help me?

First, do I have the old style harness or the new style?
Do I have to buy a harness? If yes, wich one?

Make it easy, i'm not use to playìng with that!!

Thanks!

Max

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok! I thimk i connect everything but the sub don't play!

I take some pictures of what I did! Just take a look and find my mistakes!!

http://public.fotki.com/maxhot777/sub/

To help you understand my pics: the harness in my hand is the T harness (I think) from the sub, the harness behind the shift knob comes from the head unit, the harness at the center of the pic is the harness usually connect to the head unit.

Here is what I did: I connect one side of the T harness to the head unit harness. Then, I connect the other side of the T harness to the harness usually connect to the head unit!

All seem to be in place, when I put on the head unit, everything just work fine, except for the sub! It is just not working!

Thanks for your help!

Ps: Scuse me for my bad english...i'm not use to talk in english!

Max

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have to buy a new wiring kit! I have one that i'm sure is the good one for this.

Usually, without the amp/sub harness, there is one harness that connect to the head unit, its the speakers harness I suppose! So, I connect one side of the amp/sub harness to the speakers harness and I connect the other side of the amp/sub harness to the head unit harness.

After that, I connect the little ground wire to a screw. When I finished, the speakers was working and the sub was not working.

Is it blow or I just did a bad connection?

Tell me if i'm not clear! And tell me how to put pics correctly because from my computer, I can see them!

Thanks guys!

Max

·
Registered
140 Posts
Raising this back from the dead. But your picture isn't working. Care to take another picture or explain a little bit more?

·
Registered
00rs silver
39 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts