Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week my deck got stolen out of my locked car :(
The thieves left my wiring so that is good. I still had my OEM deck from before. I just needed to get new mounting brackets. I had Subaru order me some and they got here today. I am trying to install these into my car and I cant get it to fit for the life of me. Can you tell me if they are the right brackets and if they are on correctly? Before the flaming begins, please keep in mind that I admit I have no idea how to do stereo stuff. I am trying to learn and get back on the road with some tunes:banana:
Thanks
Mark

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
I think you have the brackets upside down. The tabs that are on the bottom of the stereo should be at the top. The tabs on the side suppose to be closest to the front of the stereo so you can just slide it into the spot like a lego.

·
Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
50 Posts
i just pulled my stereo today to hook up the iPod cable. those brackets dont look like my '95 brackets and i thought they were the same as your year. if i can be of any assistance since i am in town, let me know.... good luck.
james

·
Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a feeling these may be Outback ones and not Impreza/Outback Sport brackets. The holes are just not lining up!

Are you in an L? because I thought your stereo was different. You should post a pic so I can see.

·
Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
50 Posts
i'll try to take pics in the morning. then you can compare...unless someone with more experience can shed some light on the matter before then.

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
His 01 OBS is going to have different brackets.

My 00 doesnt have any brackets, they got stolen before i bought the car so sorry i cant help

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
They don't look like the ones in my 95, and I've seen mine several times lol

·
Registered
2000 AW GM6
1,068 Posts
i have an 06 cd player in my car and it didnt fit right, i just messed with screwing the bracket into differant bolt holes and it finnaly fit perfect... hope this helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts