Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Impreza L 3.6
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Bump.

If you've got a wheel bearing going out, be sure to replace it before it destroys anything around it that happens to be quite expensive!

-Adam

·
Registered
2001 RS
97 Posts
Bump.

If you've got a wheel bearing going out, be sure to replace it before it destroys anything around it that happens to be quite expensive!

-Adam
No doubt!

My wife's WRX apparently had some bearing damage (from sliding into a curb last winter). The damaged bearing must have suddenly started falling apart as it was found during scheduled dealer maintenance. It was bad enough that the dealer was insisting on replacing the bearing and the steering knuckle. Apparently it was pretty gnarled up and had nearly 1" of wobble at the tire. I would have done the work myself if I was in town. $800 in parts and labor, I was pissed when I found out how much she had to pay!!!

·
Registered
1996 Impreza L 3.6
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
No doubt!

My wife's WRX apparently had some bearing damage (from sliding into a curb last winter). The damaged bearing must have suddenly started falling apart as it was found during scheduled dealer maintenance. It was bad enough that the dealer was insisting on replacing the bearing and the steering knuckle. Apparently it was pretty gnarled up and had nearly 1" of wobble at the tire. I would have done the work myself if I was in town. $800 in parts and labor, I was pissed when I found out how much she had to pay!!!
Ouch.

We had a customer who rode around on a bearing until it ate the hub, part of the axle, and ruined a knuckle...luckily we had some used parts from part outs so it wasn't to expensive.

I priced those parts new the other day just so I would have a ball park if we had to get new ones at some point...:crazy:

-Adam

$80 + 1 hour of labor to replace the bearing came out a LOT cheaper.

·
Registered
2005 350z
7 Posts
bearings

Afternoon sir, i just returned from iraq and found out my 2000 2.5 needs both rear bearings replaced baaaaad. Do you still have any kits in stock? im looking at fixing this issue within a week. Thanks

·
Registered
02MBP/07 2.5i SB&HEADS/DT:STG2
1,048 Posts
em'd your sales email last night. i badly need one shipped to 43081. how quick can it get here if i pay today?

·
Registered
1996 Impreza L 3.6
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
em'd your sales email last night. i badly need one shipped to 43081. how quick can it get here if i pay today?

Shot you a response about 10:30 this morning.

You should receive the bearing Saturday according to USPS, Monday if they do not meet their 2 day time frame.

-Adam

·
Registered
1997 Impreza OBS
46 Posts
I'm Interested in a Rear bearing Set for my 97 obs. i also need some ball joints, group N strut mounts and a timing belt kit. I sent you an email a few days ago about the timing belt kit and am still waiting for a reply.

101 - 120 of 368 Posts