Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really loved the way you looked and how you sounded when I first got you at the beginning of the summer. I especially loved that you came into my life basically for free. You've given me many smiles and caused many a WOT romp. However your time with me has been short lived. Recently you have developed a cold, rasping a bit and making a rattly sound at idle. Dare I say it, at times the sound was downright embarrasing because I knew what you were capable of and was ashamed at what you had been reduced to. Today the car doctor informed me that you were leaking horribly, causing the car to fail its safety inspection. I think it is time for us to part ways, dear N1. You shall be replaced with my trusty, albeit boring, STI exhaust.
Thanks for the wonderful sound clips and the memories, godspeed. You shall be missed.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
:::tear, sniffle sniffle:::

Edit: Mine was leaking from the back of the can. I just ordered an eBay (sshh, dont tell) can and got it welded on in its place. The end is slightly smaller, but its got the burned tip and looks pretty decent. Exhaust shop $60 for cut/weld with hangers.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
:puppy_dog why not replace the good ol' N1 with a new N1?

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I hate My N1. It rusted out after 3 years, and I don't even even live in a climate where it rains daily or has 6 months of real winter with salt/etc on the roads. I liked the look and the great sound, but Apexi's is a piece of shit.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
....to each their own. i love the sound and the look. ive had mine for a yr and a half and it only got better when i put the borlas on my car a few months ago!

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
I hate My N1. It rusted out after 3 years, and I don't even even live in a climate where it rains daily or has 6 months of real winter with salt/etc on the roads. I liked the look and the great sound, but Apexi's is a piece of shit.
There are "lemons" with anything released. Also Ied think they if they had that problem 3 years ago, they may have upgraded to better materials. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, when one door closes another door opens. I'm gonna rock the STI catback for a while but an opportunity has opened to possibly get a JDM WRX STI catback and/or a custom piped Blitz NurSpec. We'll see what develops. I loved that N1 but I think that I can do even better with a little time.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Why do people insist on making their Subaru look like a riced out Honda? To each his own I guess.
IMO i dont see how a subaru with an N1 looks like a riced out honda. They definitely dont sound the same! But you are right, Each of us has a different opinion on what makes our cars unique. So to each his own!

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
I loved the sound of my N1 but hated the look. It scraped on the ground too much.

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
I scraped mine so bad it ended up with a huge dent on the topside from getting pushed up so hard. I had to get rid of it though cause the midpipe rusted out.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I do t know where it went but there should have been a part of my post where I said I liked the look and the sound, but the materials were crap.

RE it being a lemon. I believe that they could have gotten bad materials, but a lemon srsly. Its a pipe and a couple of welds an flanges.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^ Yes I have heard that the construction/material quality of the N1 is not the best. I guess I can say now that these rumors are founded on some bit of truth.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts