Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an odd problem that forced me to disconnect my negative battery terminal.

After I got out of my car tonight and I armed the car (factory alarm and factory receiver), I noticed that the gauges and corner lights (the ones right next to the head lights) kept on flashing every few seconds. It looked like my alarm was going off, but there was no horn sound. In fact, when I picked up my alarm, it never made sounds when I armed and disarmed the car.

However, this is really strange, it seems like the alarm is being set off every time I arm my doors now. I then tried to reprogram my receiver and it got set, I could unlock and lock the doors with it, but I am still having the corner light blinking and the dash light blinking on and off. I know it's not on valet mode, since the red LED is steady and I don't think it's the alarm going off since the red LED is blinking slow and steadily.

Anybody got any clue as to what's going on with my car? Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
4,253 Posts
I think if you press and hold the button under the bottom piece of the dash for 3 seconds it should stop. Or maybe press and hold it for 1 second, 3 times. I cant remember but Im pretty sure it deals with that button. :bonk:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hrm, it's very odd. I went ahead and left it unplugged and it seems to have cleared itself of the error. I did try the switch under the dash, but that didn't seem to clear it the night before.

It truly is an odd thing to happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.