Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Legacy L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 95 Legacy L in February of 2013, it had 321k on the odo, and you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at the car. Had a Legacy GT hood, wrx rims, projectors and wrx seats installed before I bought the car. Currently working on a hybrid 22t stroker turbo build which is still in the early phases but in full motion.

Current Mod List:

Engine/Exhaust/Tranny:
Frankenmotor w/ 25D block and 22E Heads
220 grind Delta Cams
Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley
Grimmspeed 8mm Intake manifold spacers
Vibrant street power stealth black 2.25 in/3 out muffler
NGK Plug wires
5 Speed Swap
Kartboy 99-01 Impreza short throw and Shifter bushings
Tsuedo Catless Mid Pipe
Borla knockoff UEL wrapped and sprayed

Exterior:
Sickspeed Hella Horn knockoffs (White)
White Plasti dip paint job
Rally Armor Mudflaps
RFRB Grill
JDM Projectors
5k HID foglights
6k HID Headlights
LED Reverse lights
Outback Bumper w/ Fogs
Rear LSi/GT Lip
Legacy GT hood
Legacy GT Wing
XXR 530 17x8.25 +35 wrapped in Kumho Escta 4x 245/40/17
Sickspeed Black rear tow hook

Interior:
RE Audio 500 RMS Amp w/ RE Audio 500 RMS 10'' Sub
2002 WRX Momo Steering Wheel
Momo Gunmetal shift knob
Crown Royal Black Shift boot
Spare tire cover
LED Dome Light
Kenwood DDX440 double din
4 Quinn Acoustics' QE602
WRX Front & Rear steats
Keyless entry

Suspension/Brakes:
24mm Tribeca front sway bar w/ Whiteline 24mm bushings
Raceland Ultima Coilovers
Rear Subframe lockout bolts
Rear Camber Bolts
02 WRX Front brakes w/ Zperformance Carbon Metalic pads
22-24 Adjustable rear ralitek swaybar

Here is the car the week I picked it up:

Outback bumper and legacy GT wing:

Small photoshoot:

WRX fronts, Raceland Coils:

Franken motor build:

XXR, 245s +35 offset

Plastidipped White

How the car sits today:

Heres the turbo stuff, Currently assembling parts and getting ready for the stroker motor

22T block, spun bearing

06-07 top mount

TD04, 35k pristine condition

Intake Mani with injectors, harness and tgvs

Ill keep this post updated with new pics and my adventure of turbing a non turbo car ha, Still working out details on wrx harness merge and all the wiring stuff.

Attachments

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Oh, the car looks nice in white.

·
Registered
1995 Legacy L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I love the white also but its so hard to keep clean haha I'm debating on weather or not I want to Peel it after the build and do a different color or try and color match the hood and bumper

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
I just went to Maaco for my bumper and they did a pretty good job and I went with the cheapest option available. Of course, my car has pretty much lived it's whole life in a garage and the paint color hasn't faded at all. So using the paint code is still a perfect match. Was $250 for the front bumper.

I don't know how well Maaco would do with paint matching a car that has faded paint.

·
Registered
1995 Legacy L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went to Maaco for my bumper and they did a pretty good job and I went with the cheapest option available. Of course, my car has pretty much lived it's whole life in a garage and the paint color hasn't faded at all. So using the paint code is still a perfect match. Was $250 for the front bumper.

I don't know how well Maaco would do with paint matching a car that has faded paint.
I didn't actually think of going to maaco, might look into it. My paint is in fairly decent condition. better than most red cars out there so I don't think the difference would be super noticeable but who knows.

Anyways, split the block today, Definitley a #3 failure, the rod had like 1/8'' play in it. Didnt take the rod off to inspect the damage but got it split and cleaned a little.

Cant really tell but there it is, oil squirters, all 4 were intact. Going to pull them and locktite them in there on the reinstall.
The cylinder walls looked good, but it doesnt matter much since its getting bored over anyways.

Other news, should be getting a set of wrx heads with cam gears shipped out this Friday, so once I get the internals I should be able to get the machine work started and hopefully get the motor built soon.

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
Wow this is nice. Can't wait to see the turbo build done!

P.S. That Outback bumper looks awesome the way you dipped it.

·
Registered
1995 Legacy L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, I got the idea from my buddy Baddog, who also has an outback bumper on his legacy sedan. Yea, im super stoked to get the build going, Just waiting on heads to come from another member here and then hopefully get the wiring stuff done, then all the machine work and internals so I can get putting things together haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts