Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my stock upper and lower radiator hoses to something a bit stronger, as I'm swapped and my existing lower radiator hose is showing some wear after 8 years.

I've long noticed the OBX radiator hoses on eBay for 98-01 RS's and the price seems right, but I wanted to see if anyone on here uses them, any issues, and their thoughts on quality and fitment.

So, any takers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I second the OEM replacement. There's really no need to go with the colored ones, and I think the OEMs will do just fine for the job. You just want your engine bay to have more colors, yes? :p

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading some bad reviews over on NASIOC about the OBX radiator hoses I'm thinking I might go with the Samco's. While I'd like something stronger than stock, I also want a little bit of color too, since I have a red silicone intake and red APS inlet, and red manifold, etc. Since my hoses are pretty worn out I figured a nice upgrade would be worthwhile :)

Anyone know the part # for Samco radiator hoses for a 98-01 2.5RS or know a website I can buy them from? I'm assuming JDM Ver. 5/6 would probably work too since they share the same style radiator (top corner and bottom corner) inlets and outlets in the same places unlike USDM WRX/STI? Any vendors on here that stock these in red?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
I have OBX radiator hoses, though they're not installed yet. The quality seems pretty good though. The shape matches up perfectly to my OEM hoses. It seems like a pretty good deal for whatever it cost.. like $60 shipped..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts