Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Do we need a wagon thread, for wagon owners ONLY, please.

• Yes, I\'d like a wagon thread

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, I don\'t think we need one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Impreza Wagon Owners

on the other site, there is a thread with over 600 comments and close to 56,000 hits. this is because several of us thought there was a need to have a thread for Impreza WAGONS only. While the site owner and several other sedan/coupe owners disagree, it seems that there are a lot of people with interest in wagons.

And that sight is JUST beginning to get into technical questions, it's mostly showing pix.

Maybe we should try the same thing here and see if we can get a thread for Impreza WAGONS!

Just a thought.

Ron:sunny: :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
well i voted, i think it would be a good idea cause there some of the mods/question i have about for my wagon that coupe/sedan owners cant answer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, I've left a message on the other site for all good Impreza wagon owners to come over here. Tell your wagon owner friends about this site.

I agree with you. Non Wagon owners want to tell you the cars are the same until you start talking about weight balance and transfer, this fits/but not really, that's a different part number, etc.

There seems to be a lot more differences than just the shape of the rear window. I don't know them all, but I find out more all the time.

Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes a wagon forum

Yes a wagon forum would be great for finding the correct parts.
Not just the ones for the sedans that need to be modified from the sedan versions to fit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then tell all your friends with wagons to jump on this thread so we can get our own.

They're reluctant to do it at i-Club

Thanks,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish we could get at small fraction of the interest here that it generated on the other site.

Here we CAN have a site, just can't get enought people to come here. In the other place, which is getting awfully crowded and nuts, there's so many they don't know what to do with them.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I tell you what - I'll add one, and so long as there is at least one post a week I'll leave it up. Once a forum gets down to less than one post a month I tend to merge it into the General forum.

Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You've got a deal. The other thread on the other site has had close to 70,000 hits, and close to 700 comments. I was just about to count the questions about real WAGON stuff to see how many of the comments were not just pictures.

But even all the pictures are giving other wagon owners ideas as to how and make their cars look different.

With the reception we had on the other site, I can just about guarantee that this will be a growing thread here. It may take a little bit of time, but it will get there.

I'll begin sending PM's and emails to the wagon owners on the other site and let them know we have a home here.

As soon as you give it a name, I'll begin to really s p r e a d the word.

Thanks, Ron

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
jersey judge said:
As soon as you give it a name, I'll begin to really s p r e a d the word.
How about make some suggestions? I'm plain out of creative juices tonight. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just saw that you listed it as WAGONS, and I started telling people about it. That's fine with me.

Sent out about 2 or 3 dozen emails yesterday, will do more today.

Thanks again

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wagons Rule, I will get some pix of mine today, maybe as inspiration to others to put them on this site.

Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hope I haven't posted this one yet, but I've got to take more pix. It was too sunny and I'm half way through a Zaino wax job, the reflections are tough to deal with.

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the cause of my rattle in the back end of my OBS. Check the wagon thread for the answer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts