Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay after installing the rubber stoppers, i still had squeaks, although less severe. I adjusted and flipped the latch, but that too did not help... But my friends.... I have found a solution to my problem.

I got my hands on some liquid wrench lubricant spray and gave the latching mechanism a few squirts. Low and behold it went away! 0 squeaks from this guy.

*Dont use wd40... Its not a true lubricant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
Okay after installing the rubber stoppers, i still had squeaks, although less severe. I adjusted and flipped the latch, but that too did not help... But my friends.... I have found a solution to my problem.

I got my hands on some liquid wrench lubricant spray and gave the latching mechanism a few squirts. Low and behold it went away! 0 squeaks from this guy.

I will try this too, mine started rattling and squeaking again :(

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts

hmm you think spray chain lube would work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sureeeee.. It will probably work fine. I just try to raise awareness on how the most widely used water displacement spray (WD-40) that is improperly used as a lubricant most of the time.

·
Registered
02 WRB wrx, 99 AW wagon
13 Posts
This just in:

I have tried all of these solutions even added fat mat and still had a rattle from the hatch.

Turns out it was the cable inside the actual hatch (right side) that was vibrating. Covered it with the fat mat and no more hatch rattle. (still got one from rear driver door area...)

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
I had the worst reverberation in the back took every thing apart turns out the tar in the spare tire well had completely seperated from the body and was vibrating at certain rpms. Another noise I had from the hatch was three spot welds in the frame of the hatch had broken creating a rattle drilled them out and stuck bolts through.

·
Registered
BRP 97 Outback Sport
108 Posts
Spoooky bump from the dead. After finding this thread i tried the electrical tape trick and the sound of the hatch rattle changed, but did not go away. That told me that the latch was the problem. I got some double sided tape and stuck a small piece of pipe insulating foam to each of the rubber bump stops on either side of the hatch opening. These were already there but obviously weren't doing their job quite well enough. It doesn't look pretty, but you cant see it when the hatch is closed. This combined with the electrical tape works quite well. There are two kinds of pipe insulation foam. I used the black, more dense, softer kind.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza OBS
133 Posts
I installed mine just fine but it doesn't seem to close all the way my dome light stays on and cant figure out a fix for that. Anyone else have this problem?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts