Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
So I forgot to post pics and my results but here they are...

My rattle did not go away lol, it just shortened the rattle time and made it more frequent but it never made it go away, just quieter. Which isn't a good thing or a bad thing i guess, i am going to adjust the striker plate and see if that can effect the vibration.

·
Registered
RS, GF, SSx2, STI GDB
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So I forgot to post pics and my results but here they are...

My rattle did not go away lol, it just shortened the rattle time and made it more frequent but it never made it go away, just quieter. Which isn't a good thing or a bad thing i guess, i am going to adjust the striker plate and see if that can effect the vibration.

we should meet up and compare rattles. I think some come from the latch, and others from other parts in the rear. I am going to see if I can more easily engineer an alternate plan using similar parts. But this plan will probably involve cutting and or drilling.

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
we should meet up and compare rattles. I think some come from the latch, and others from other parts in the rear. I am going to see if I can more easily engineer an alternate plan using similar parts. But this plan will probably involve cutting and or drilling.
I am down, just let me know lol.

I think if you cut and drill and be able to insert the hood bumpers it would work really good.

And then you could screw them in and out like you do on the core support to adjust to the perfect level.

But i wanna stress that i have not adjusted the striker, i will attempt that this weekend and see if it is better.

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
I am down, just let me know lol.

I think if you cut and drill and be able to insert the hood bumpers it would work really good.

And then you could screw them in and out like you do on the core support to adjust to the perfect level.

But i wanna stress that i have not adjusted the striker, i will attempt that this weekend and see if it is better.
Went to adust the striker this weekend and found out it has been pushed all the way down.

Grounded the hole a little bit longer and now no more vibrations!!!

·
Registered
RS, GF, SSx2, STI GDB
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Went to adust the striker this weekend and found out it has been pushed all the way down.

Grounded the hole a little bit longer and now no more vibrations!!!
How about next weekend? (where you at?)

I was thinking of trying to make work the adjustable one that the newer wagons have. But it would mean a little bit of work.

95% of my rattle went with the two rubber pieces, but there is still a tiny one.
But since every car is different, it might work better for some, but not others.
I also adjusted the striker all the way down. But another cm of movement would pretty much fix everything (i think)

·
Registered
06 WRX STi AW
290 Posts
OK so just wanted to share my feedback with everyone this Friday I installed the bumper stops on the wagon and did a two day test run. I installed them at the far ends similar to what SyNtEcH has installed.And I have to say this has reduced my trunk rattle by 98%. The roads here where I live is pretty bad (driving on a land mine field) we've got some massive pothole which I avoid. Before this install my trunk rattled constantly and now its super quiet. There is a very very faint rattle when i go over bumps but its like any other car you would drive. Glad this worked!

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
How about next weekend? (where you at?)

I was thinking of trying to make work the adjustable one that the newer wagons have. But it would mean a little bit of work.

95% of my rattle went with the two rubber pieces, but there is still a tiny one.
But since every car is different, it might work better for some, but not others.
I also adjusted the striker all the way down. But another cm of movement would pretty much fix everything (i think)
I am in white salmon wa, like right across the river from hood river in the Columbia gorge.

But this weekend i am going to Parc to watch some drifting, so ill be in the pdx/Vancouver area too

·
Registered
RS, GF, SSx2, STI GDB
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Now someone needs to come up with a dash rattle fix....

depends on where it is at: sometimes you are just scr e w e d
If i can reach it, I use the thin foam strips you get at lowes/HD fir around windows. it works pretty good and comes in a variety of thicknesses.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts