Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone who had the recall done for the O2 sensor in the 2000 impreza rs had any problems with the new one. I just got a CEL the other day and it turns out my new O2 that was installed 18months ago is bad. Subaru told me that they won't do anything about it since it's a year after it was serviced. BULLSHIT. I don't think I need to pay almost $300 for a part I don't even know was bad in the first place. For all I know the one they took out was fine. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
I don't have any problems with the new O2 sensor. I've only had one CEL come on since then. I reset the ecu, and it went away. Although, I had one very mysterious stall one day, but I'm not sure if that's because of the ScoobyRacing Torque Chip I have.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
scrubaru said:
Just wondered if anyone who had the recall done for the O2 sensor in the 2000 impreza rs had any problems with the new one. I just got a CEL the other day and it turns out my new O2 that was installed 18months ago is bad. Subaru told me that they won't do anything about it since it's a year after it was serviced. BULLSHIT. I don't think I need to pay almost $300 for a part I don't even know was bad in the first place. For all I know the one they took out was fine. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.
Why did you have to take out your ECU for? I had mine done and all that they did was to re-flash it (reprogram it) that is it there was no need for them to take it out I would check into this...

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I'm still running the original O2 sensor with 48K miles. Everything was fine until I put in the Borla header a couple months ago. Now I throw a CEL constantly. Reseting the ECU lasts a day then it's back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine keeps coming on two

:boxer: I had one of the tecs. at my store try to find out why my check engine light was on and he said it was my o2 sensor and something else.:flame:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts