Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza RS EJ251
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuild my engine 700 miles ago. Been taking it real easy since I have heads P&P, Delta 2000 cams, LW flywheel. I took the car over 4500rpm and the bank 1 CEL came on. It does not come on under 4500.
Has anyone used the spacers on the front O2.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
dont use a spacer on the front 02 sensor!!! thats air/fuel sensor and if u spacer it, it will fuck everything up. when was the last time it was replaced? whats the CEL code?

How are the cams? im playing on doing cams in a few weeks!!! give me as much detail as possible...lol. install and everything, specs....ect

·
Registered
2002 Impreza RS EJ251
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the code? Does it say bank 1, Sensor 1? If so, probably a bad front o2. What's the mileage?
Yes, it does say B1, S1. I have 120k on the car but the sensor was replaced at 80k. The CEL only comes on over 4500rpm, if I stay under no code.

·
Registered
2002 Impreza RS EJ251
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont use a spacer on the front 02 sensor!!! thats air/fuel sensor and if u spacer it, it will fuck everything up. when was the last time it was replaced? whats the CEL code?

How are the cams? im playing on doing cams in a few weeks!!! give me as much detail as possible...lol. install and everything, specs....ect
My install was a little diff. I blew a head gasket, so pulled the motor and took the heads off. After that, I had to split the block. What a pain. Anyway, had the heads P&P at the same time. I had the engine out, so the cams were not that hard to install. I can feel the car revs a lot faster (also installed LW flywheel) and pulling hard. Obviously I changed so much I do not know what bit was better, but I am very happy. Need to adjust the valves after 1k as I have bit tapet noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts