Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
GC8F2DD
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting STi on Rear mounts because I wish to leave settings stock. However I would like to adjust camber on front so I'm looking for an adjustable front pillow ball mounts with decent NVH. Due to the problems i'm having with ALK, I wish hashness is minimal as possible ( I can take hardened mounts NVH of tranny and engine mounts) So far its seems like MRT and Cusco are the ones making adjustable mounts. How is NVH on these? MRT had street version with bushings to lessen NVH - are these any good?
If there are other ones please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
I am running Cuscos front and rear at the moment, but I will be changing to JIC in the front as soon as I get my new suspension.

The cuscos really don't seem to make a lot of noise, but the vibration is a little worse than stock. As far as harshness is concerned, I actually think the car rides a little better.

My friend Scooby South has the JIC front mounts and they seem to be quite nice as well. They feel about like my cusco mounts, but I think that they are manufactured a little beefier.

All of these have full metal bushings. The MRT with the poly bushing would probably cut down on the noise some. My main problem with the MRT is that even though they give a castor adjustment, unlike any of the others, there are no guide indicators on the mount itself, which makes it difficult to adjust between race and street settings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had Cusco pillow-ball mounts installed this weekend, but I'm not the best person to ask about NVH.

I have STi engine/tranny mounts installed, and they increased NVH quite a bit, but still tolerable. The pillow-ball mounts added some noise especially in the rear. I also had AGX struts installed at the same time and run them on the stiffest setting.

I just turn the radio up, and everything sounds fine :>

Chris M.

·
Registered
GC8F2DD
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't mind noise... i just don't want car to rattle like a cage ( i have this problem with ALK )

I have motor and tranny mount. Those i have no problem with...
so does the car rattle and shake

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've noticed a bit of a rattle.. but I haven't heard it in while (just RIGHT after having them installed) and there is no shaking.

Now that I've had some time to drive it, 4 days now, I really like it. It's to the point where everything is starting to feel normal, instead of different.

Chris M.

·
Registered
796 Posts
There are no new rattles or shakes in my car since installing the cuscos.

It did have a couple to begin with, and they might be 1% worse, if that, but I don't think it is enough to be a concern.

·
Registered
GC8F2DD
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

Thanks for the reply guys

I think i'll go with Cuscos on the front and STi on the rear ( how does this sound to you )

I'm about to replace ALK with STi hard rubber bushings.

So do you guys have ALK on your car? how do you feel about them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts