Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
RHD 97 STi
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NRG 4-point Harness

I installed a nrg 4point harness and a nrg quick release on my car a few days ago. Thought I'd post some pictures and write my initial review on it. Although my car isn't running just yet, this review is from personal experience of driving my friends cars with these same products and from my own install experience.

Install was pretty straight forward for the 4pt harness. This thing holds you in pretty damn well compared to the factory seat belts. Too bad these aren't legal for street use but I'm pretty sure these will help me on autox, tracking events, canyon runs and any spirited driving. They're also easy to put on.

The part I don't like about it is that it requires you to have a harness bar if you want your rear seats to be functional. That applies to ALL harnesses though but I'll eventually get one.

more @ http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/wallin2/Parts/nrg/

NRG Quick Release

The quick release looks really nice and is easy to release it. Installation time was longer then expected to get it perfectly lined up to where I wanted to safety button to be but it was worth it. The steering wheel sits a lot closer so it feels like I have more control rather then having my arms completely extended.

The negative part about this is that the signal and wiper stalks are soo far now :lol:. It looks retarded from the side view too but I think its worth it.

It brings the steering wheel closer to the body and it'll help from preventing thefts or acting as a deterrent. I have a nrg quick release lock too to prevent thieves with the same quick release from using their own steering wheels but i dont have pictures of it. All I can say about that is that its useful, but a hassle to consistently put it on and take it off.

Close enough a 6 year old can reach!

NRG 4-point Harness

I installed a nrg 4point harness and a nrg quick release on my car a few days ago. Thought I'd post some pictures and write my initial review on it. Although my car isn't running just yet, this review is from personal experience of driving my friends cars with these same products and from my own install experience.

Install was pretty straight forward for the 4pt harness. This thing holds you in pretty damn well compared to the factory seat belts. Too bad these aren't legal for street use but I'm pretty sure these will help me on autox, tracking events, canyon runs and any spirited driving. They're also easy to put on.

The part I don't like about it is that it requires you to have a harness bar if you want your rear seats to be functional. That applies to ALL harnesses though but I'll eventually get one.

more @ http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/wallin2/Parts/nrg/

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
belt crossing bad!:curse:

god forbid you get in a wreck while wearing it you're gonna be in some deep shit man. the stresses transfered at those angles can seriously break you back.

·
Registered
2011 A4
1,863 Posts
holy shit dude i got the same nrg quick release and same paint color on my car...hell maybe even same steering wheel..kinda surprised me i was like thats my car..oh wait...nvm its not..rhd too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts