Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen them a couple of places, and since they were posted on the homepage here, they must be decent, I dont really plan on doing autocross and some rallycross over in eastern oregon on some larger gravel rodes, so I want something that will hold me in. Are these quality parts? Will they pass tech inspection at the autocross races? Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
RHD 97 STi
3,041 Posts
For the camlocks, you dont NEED a harness bar because you can mount it to the rear seat seatbelts mounts. If you want the rear seats to be usable, then you need a harness bar. I have those as well :) I'm going to be posting it later though. Probably in a week or two but msg me.

·
Banned
1997, Subaru, Impreza L, 2.2L,
2,363 Posts
How is a 5 point seat belt illegal for street? I took a driver enhancement class and they said as long as you use any seat belt you are fine. Atleast you are following the click it ticket rule. Maybe it varies by state but here in Iowa any racing seat belt would be considered a seat belt. It doesn't have to come stock from factory.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
[W]hite[R]abbit[X] said:
How is a 5 point seat belt illegal for street? I took a driver enhancement class and they said as long as you use any seat belt you are fine. Atleast you are following the click it ticket rule. Maybe it varies by state but here in Iowa any racing seat belt would be considered a seat belt. It doesn't have to come stock from factory.
It's illegal because it doesn't have the red/orange "RELEASE" or "PRESS" button so that in the event of an accident, an EMT would know how to unbuckle the victim should they be unconscious.

DOT requires that of all seatbelts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So... put a sticker on it!!!!
But will they pass the SCCA standards and whatnot? That is all I want to know. Oh and also I talked to PRE (Performance Race Engineering) here in portland, and they read me the actual law of oregon, it states that if it isnt factory on the car, it is illegal, but that doesn't mean they will give you a ticket, they just can but rarely ever do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts