Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
Yah, the price does seem like a lot. But its a lot of good work. As well a 5 speed SVX isn't exactly common in the states, so thats worth something. And its super well done

·
Registered
2009 BL5, 2001 RS
3,472 Posts
Pretty sure they never actually came with a manual transmission. That's most likely something he did himself. I could see 16 if it had a 6 speed maybe

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
yea but a lot of that work was custom. and look at the underside of that thing! spotless!

they didnt necessarily have parts overflowing the shelves for the SVX, so i could see it being pretty justafiable.

plus, sounds like they paid careful attention to the cavitating water pump on the motor which is a big modification in itself to get it right.

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
It didn't come with a Manual which what makes it rare and impressive. I don't know how many SVX guys have converted theirs though

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
It didn't come with a Manual which what makes it rare and impressive. I don't know how many SVX guys have converted theirs though
Really? There are plenty of guys that have swapped in manuals but a good portion of them have swapped in 6 speeds.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i'd rock that in a heartbeat!! cept than fukcing tan interior would have to go.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
yea but a lot of that work was custom. and look at the underside of that thing! spotless!

they didnt necessarily have parts overflowing the shelves for the SVX, so i could see it being pretty justafiable.

plus, sounds like they paid careful attention to the cavitating water pump on the motor which is a big modification in itself to get it right.
Lies. All you need is a bigger thermostat cover. I know. I have an EG. I also have several different thermostat covers :)

SVX's never came with manuals, anywhere. Though the swap is well-documented and fairly easy. You do have to custom make a trans support bracket though (but you can adapt a FWD piece that I've got sitting in my garage).

But no, it's not worth $16k. It *might* be worth 10k, but that's a stretch even.

·
yep. you heard me.
03 Legacy GT wagon
6,471 Posts
All that and its still an ugly ****ing tan interior. gross.

having said that, i have worked on a 5-speed swapped SVX and they are a terrible chassis/platform. But the engine is great with a manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts