Rally Blue

My other journal for my track car -> 2001 Subaru Impreza L Coupe

Purpose: Awesome daily driver, ultimate rally car for snow and dirt
Purchased: 11/26/11
Weight: 3165 (curb weight from Subaru)
Motor: 2.0L Turbo
Horsepower/Torque: Unknown
1/4 mile: 13.64 @ 98.5 MPH (5/4/12)

I sold my 1995 Legacy that was my daily and bought this. It was cheap due to hail damage from the original owner in Tennessee. The hail damage was the worst on the roof and hood. The hood was replaced by my friend who bought the car from Tennessee and I had a few of the most noticable dents removed.

*Already installed during purchase of car

Engine:
Grimmspeed Catless Uppipe
*Invidia Catless Downpipe
MadDad Whisper 3" Catback Single Tip exhaust
Grimmspeed Three port boost solenoid
Stage 2 OS Tune
Koyo OEM Radiator

Drivetrain:
Motul Gear 300 transmission fluid

Suspension:

Brakes:
Centric premium brake rotors
Stoptech street performance pads

Exterior:
*STi hood and hood scoop
Daylight time running lights disabled
20% black window tint
Rally-Tech black rally mudflaps
Hella Super Tones (x4) powercoated flat black

Interior:
Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD
Valentine 1 Radar & Laser Detector
Valentine 1 Concealed display custom modified into clock

Wheels/Tires:
Winter - 205/60/16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 tires / Silver WRX wheels
Summer - 225/50/16 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires / Silver WRX wheels

Future:
Remote start
STi HID headlights
Front & Rear Whiteline Sway bars w/kartboy Endlinks
Heated seats
STi Fog light covers
Rally bar with LED off road lights
Kartboy short throw shifter
Silver RS wheels

Attachments

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Day of purchase (11/26/11)

New stereo with bluetooth and a custom V1 concealed display into WRX clock

Added four supertones to go along with the stock horns. Ended up blowing my fuse so I have to get the relays fixed still. haha.

Rallytech mudflaps

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Splash!

I was curious to see what my car ran quarter mile time was. My friends joked that my daily driver is faster than my track car (wasn't swapped yet). I ran 13.6 @ 98.5 MPH on used all season tires.

Both of my cars next to each other

Autocross? My L was down due to a radiator leak and I didn't feel like racing it at the 2012 Subaru Challenge so I put the tires from the L onto the WRX (Hanhook RS3s) and finished first in ESP!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Visited Mid-Ohio to help a friend do a photoshoot for Speedhunters (Falken Tire Porsche) and we used my car to haul around the camera equipment. So I took some photos while I was on the track with my phone, haha. Here is the link to the Speedhunters article - THE ULTIMATE CONTEMPORARY 911, FALKEN'S GT3 RSR - Speedhunters

Winter came and we had a ton of fun driving around here, check out the video below the next three pictures of something we put together kinda randomly for fun

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilliant on the V1 - what was the process?
I kept the outer piece of the clock and used 3M double sided tape to hold the concealed display onto it.. required some light dremeling. I was hoping I could see the display fine through the piece of the clock and I was worried it would be too dark but it displays great during the day and night!

I've still got some really neat ideas for this car coming soon, just have to finish the L first!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated a bunch of links, a bunch were not showing.

Where did you get those supertones? Also the car is looking sweet! I've always wanted a 04-05 wrx wagon!
They are just regular supertones, I removed the grills and had them powdercoated flat black. I wanted to hide them as much as possible

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
beauty, just got my self a bugeye wrx wagon for similar purposes. DD and snow hooning!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Updated a bunch of links, a bunch were not showing.

They are just regular supertones, I removed the grills and had them powdercoated flat black. I wanted to hide them as much as possible
yeah i know they are but what website? because i've heard that the ones that say made in germany on the front are louder but not sure

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah i know they are but what website? because i've heard that the ones that say made in germany on the front are louder but not sure
Not true, they are the same...just made some other place. Two of mine say made in Germany.. the other two aren't and they sound the exact same. Any vendor has them these days. Try RallySportDirect.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not true, they are the same...just made some other place. Two of mine say made in Germany.. the other two aren't and they sound the exact same. Any vendor has them these days. Try RallySportDirect.com
i wasn't sure just what i've but thanks man! love the car!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It was a hot day today so I decided to try and take off the "step guard" on the back bumper. It is faded and horrible looking. I figured.. if it looks like crap underneath I can always buy another step guard to put back on it.

Spent about a hour and a half. Sprayed goo-gone gel all over it. Wiped off the goo-gone then used quick detailer to get more gunk off. I got tired of working on it today but here is what it looks like so far.

Old picture of the faded cover:

After peeling the cover off:

Here is what is left, will work on it more this weekend.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts