Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 563 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Purchased a used Tomei TI catback from my friend Bruce today. Will be installing it sometime after next Friday. It was a too loud for his neighbors... haha. I don't care how loud it is for around a 20 pound weight savings.

Corrected colin! haha

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
planning any autox or similar events coming up? need some shakedown runs for the 240...
Negative. Broke the second RS transmission a few weekends ago at a test and tune. I'm not even going to bother putting another one in.. just going to find a JDM 6 speed.

I think the lightweight flywheel is causing the issue. The transmission breaks doing shifts near redline in higher gears... worked completely fine driving it on the street.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
suck. enjoyment will be much improved with all the fun STi diffs though ...THATS what makes a subaru, a subaru (IMO)
I'm probably just going to find a non-DCCD trans. I don't even want to bother with all of that since this is a track car.

In the meantime I'm still waiting for my 2015 WRX to come in. I'll just autocross it in the meantime, haha.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #177 (Edited)
2002 RS Transmission and RS hydraulic pedal box installed, clutch pedal is so much better.

Ordered MSI rear adjustable camber plates to fix the camber issue in the rear. Hopefully I'll be ready for Putnam Park raceway next month.

161 - 180 of 563 Posts