Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car is coming along great man! I'm in Ohio for the next couple months and if you were down to give me a ride in yours. Looking to do this exact project for the track.

If you had to go back and start from scratch on this, what would you do differently?

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Did you have to remove your spring in the radiator cap? I am using my L radiator for now and was wondering how well it works.
It's a cap with a lower pressure. L radiator is the same as the RS radiator

Car is coming along great man! I'm in Ohio for the next couple months and if you were down to give me a ride in yours. Looking to do this exact project for the track.

If you had to go back and start from scratch on this, what would you do differently?
Thanks! Sure but it is stored for winter now though. Once snow/salt hits... it stays in storage.

I would have had the entire car seam welded before I had the inside painted, the A-pillar bars should have been closer to the a-pillar. I'd say that is about it for now... there is still a ton of stuff in my head that I want to do, haha.

needs more rusty hood.
This car doesn't know what rust is, haha.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,931 Posts
One thing I learned about these cars when AutoXing. Throw all your preconceived notions regarding suspension setups out the door. Haha! Snap oversteer in these cars is common on such a tight course, nevermind that it's tough enough trying to get the tires properly heat cycled to where they offer predictable slip angle. Looking good though in the vids. Common mistake for newer drivers is to cut in too early. It helps to have a later apex, setting yourself up for the next corner than cut in and try and correct your line coming out the turn only to find you're already into the next turn-in. Car's come a long way from when you bought her, keep it up!

121 - 140 of 540 Posts