Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 540 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
what brakes and tires do you have on there? looked mostly like the fronts were locking up, i think a bias valve is mostly just going to delay/reduce pressure to the rears. time to practice modulating! something ill need to do too when the datsuns running (speaking of more money and work than i thought :lol:)
WRX front and rear calipers, blank rotors with larger rear legacy rotors, Hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF, Hanhook RS3 tires

you shush yo face benny boy!! prrof of said white goodness:
Sorry, I will always have gold wheels on this car... haha. Plus if I had white wheels I'd have to get them color matched to the car and clean them after every single track day. Screw that :lol:

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
yeah im prob 50/50 but tryin. will also be on at least one blown strut if i make it :lol:
Let me know! I have to reassemble my struts so they stop clunking, get a new trans mount or stiffen the one I have, and get it all installed.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
the blown strut might help you...

when you take corners, instead of tripoding around it, the blown strut will just flop around and fall, keeping the tire in contact with the surface, thus aiding in your traction, instead of picking that tire up and only having three points of contact. :)

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
Yup I raced. 50.1ish with no cones hit in the wet. Fastest wet time was a 45ish with a cone hit. Not shabby for stock suspension and a horrible driver :)

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Yup I raced. 50.1ish with no cones hit in the wet. Fastest wet time was a 45ish with a cone hit. Not shabby for stock suspension and a horrible driver :)
Autocross courses change every event so there isn't really a way of knowing how a certain time is good or bad without seeing the final raw times and comparing them against everyone else

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)

Updated engine shot.. need to clean it before winter. Radiator end tanks are leaking I think... new radiator needed. Ugh. Big thanks to Josh for helping me a few weekends ago, car runs sooo much better after some things I found needed to be fixed. Oh and he found a ground wire not grounded correctly on my plastic TGV deletes. I didn't noticed the last shop putting the ground on it.

So next in order of importance:
New clutch and flywheel
Camber plates (msi)
Alignment
Aluminum radiator
Grimmspeed intercooler
Boost gauge
Grimmspeed EBC solenoid
Tune
Mid-Ohio track day

101 - 120 of 540 Posts