Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 540 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
there was a lot else going on, mostly autox etc, cant miss everything. im just interested in meeting some local car folk. maybe next time.
Oh I know, there is always something else going on. But autocross events don't have 2500 people attending from all across the country, haha. The weekend of the 27th actually has no autocross events scheduled in Dayton, Columbus, or Cincinnati. But oh well, haha.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
howd she feel?
Rear keeps coming loose causing me to correct because I'm running positive camber in the rear. Car needs camber plates to fix this then a corner balance. Car is still running low boost because of the inlet, bought a new one last week and need to install it still. So basically, work in progress still :lol:

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
howd you end up with positive camber? i guess just the shape of the strut body where it attaches to knuckle.. seems odd for KWs and a presumed lower-than-stock ride height
That and the ride height isn't set correctly either haha. The drivers side is lower than the passenger side. There isn't any point in me getting a alignment and fixing it until I get camber plates so I've just left it alone. I'm not doing any racing until next season anyways

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Here is a video a friend took with my phone. I end up spinning out trying to cut the car left too quickly then tried to correct. I did the same thing in the Subaru challenge because the suspension is so out of whack. Wish I had my GoPro.. the last run of the night I accidentally drifted one of the turns... and ended up with my best time of the day :lol:

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
fun! looks mostly like the brakes locked up in that video, maybe came in too hot, or not wide enough on the entry cone.. how sweet is it just to have everything together and get to be driving and fine tuning though? haha

thats in dayton? i like autox like that, looks like the next one is sept 29, dammit, i have some people in town but will have to see what i can do

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
fun! looks mostly like the brakes locked up in that video, maybe came in too hot, or not wide enough on the entry cone.. how sweet is it just to have everything together and get to be driving and fine tuning though? haha

thats in dayton? i like autox like that, looks like the next one is sept 29, dammit, i have some people in town but will have to see what i can do
Yeah, that is another issue I'm having. Car doesn't have ABS and with no weight in the rear the brakes lock up super fast. I need to install a brake bias valve. After that run I took the turn wider and was easier on the throttle to avoid spinning out. It's true that I'm glad the car is finally running... but it has taken far more money and work than I thought.

Yeah, it is in KilKare. It was a night autocross that starts at 3pm and ends at midnight.

Kilkare speedway! I'm going to try and at least spectate the next one
You might as well register for it! Haha. Just becareful... KilKare walls love Subarus.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
edit: love RGs on GCs

george, shut-up with the white

:lol:

Yeah, that is another issue I'm having. Car doesn't have ABS and with no weight in the rear the brakes lock up super fast. I need to install a brake bias valve. After that run I took the turn wider and was easier on the throttle to avoid spinning out. It's true that I'm glad the car is finally running... but it has taken far more money and work than I thought.
what brakes and tires do you have on there? looked mostly like the fronts were locking up, i think a bias valve is mostly just going to delay/reduce pressure to the rears. time to practice modulating! something ill need to do too when the datsuns running (speaking of more money and work than i thought :lol:)

81 - 100 of 540 Posts