2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
You should upgrade to Motons, so I can buy your KW/RCEs ;)
Hahaha! I'll give you first dibs when I upgrade!

Update: Waiting for coolant hoses from Subaru, Gary @ ASI found a bunch leaking. He also found oil hoses that went bad, fixed the steering column issue, and fixed my electrical issues! (I missed connecting something to the fuse panel, doh!)

Here it is with the exhaust installed!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Update:

All coolant and heater hoses replaced. Zero coolant leaks now. Steering column piece is fixed. Alignment done but couldn't get the negative camber I want because I'm running group N top mounts that came with the coilovers. I'll have to upgrade to Vorshlag plates to really get the camber I need. Probably getting those later this year.

Car has idling issues and they think it has to do with the butterfly with the TGVs being stuck or the idle air control valve. So now we are going to take the POS perrin inlet off, put the stock inlet back on, install motive autowerks TGV deletes since they are cheaper and better fix.. and a new gasket for the cleaned idle air control valve.

TGV deletes:

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
^ nice, got intake issues sorted? whats left?
I need to replace the v1 Perrin inlet (came with the motor) with a better inlet. The stock BPV hose won't fit onto the perrin inlet so I plugged the inlet hole for now and it causes the car to idle low along with after fire all the time.

Visited a tuner in Dayton yesterday and he was able to turn off all of the TGV stuff in the ECU and also gave me a super base tune running 10 PSI until I get my issue fixed. Even on low boost the car hauls ass. The ECU had a previous tune on it that had the wrong timing so I'm glad I was able to get that fixed.

I learned I also have PVC check engine code so I might replace that this week. The RS clutch is slipping sometimes in high RPMs in 4th and 5th gear (didn't have time to replace it during the swap) so I need to buy a ACT HD clutch in the winter. I'm going to just do one or two autocross events this summer so it should hold up.

im not too big on meets but ill be at the all-ohio flat-out meet at byers in columbus july 20th, that one should be worth coming up for
I already have plans to drive down to Import Alliance with a bunch of friends. I have no idea why they picked that date. IA usually has over 2500 people attending easily.

61 - 80 of 540 Posts