Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

561 - 580 of 587 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Updated first page with a track list, updated mods/pending mods and social media links if anyone wants to follow/subscribe!

Congrats! Looks like the Impreza will have a nice home
Thanks! Should be able to finally move in next month and get started on the car!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
This week a friend helped me start on swapping all the parts. Yesterday we got most of everything, today the front axles and transmission were removed. Tomorrow the front control arms need removed and we’ll be putting the new flywheel and clutch on the 6 speed and mounting the 6 speed to the engine. Very excite!

Going to also order front and rear STi control arms. Might as well!

Still waiting for my new Volks to come.

Before tear down:

Everything removed on day 1:

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Got the OEM L control arms off, ordered Voodoo13 rear lateral links from Turn in Concepts today. Also got my STi front control arms and going to do the rear main seal in the engine. While the transmission was out I blasted the bottom of the car with simple green to remove the 20 years of dirt and grime on it. AP brake calipers were sent to Essex to be inspected and certified, should be back in two weeks

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,103 Posts
I been impressed with the look of quality from voodoo13, any first impressions?

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,509 Posts
Mooresport , yeah, put that thing in sport (skrrt, skrrt)
Shawty bad (bad), pop her like a cork (pop it)

While on topic, can I just say this line is epic from that song:

Xans, Perky, check (yeah) Bill Belichick
Take the air out the ball, just so I can flex

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Voodoo13 parts came in, look pretty nice in person. We'll see how they are once the car hits the track though.

Got the built 6 speed bolted onto the engine last night (very excite!). Going to get the crossmember mounts and trans mount on tonight. Maybe even the carbon driveshaft and rear diff!

Yesterday I ordered all new STi inner and outer axle boots because I'm OCD, STi shifter fork boot, goodridge clutch stainless steel line, and rear whiteline sway bar mount kit from flatirons tuning. Hoping to be driving this thing in about 2 weeks hopefully!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #580 (Edited)
So we were able to finish getting the transmission mount and crossmember on.. however there is a part that connects the shifter linkage and transmission that is missing so I had to order that. It doesn't come in until Wed/Thurs from the local dealership.

Waiting for a friend to mill out some bolts for the coilovers and also two nuts from Mooresport for the camber plates so can't install the coilovers yet.

Can't install the knuckles because I'm waiting for new axle boots to be delivered from Flatirons Tuning. Also, waiting for Essex to send back my front brake calipers.

However we worked on other things:
TIC solid bushings installed in the rear STi knuckles
Voodoo13 lateral links installed
Mooresport trailing arms installed
Kartboy tall boy shifter, bushings and TIC bushings all ready to go
STi ebrake installed

Still to do before parts arrive:
Finish transmission wiring
Cut up center control panel for MapDCCD mounting spot

And decided to clean the outside of the car from a year of dust...

561 - 580 of 587 Posts