Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Did some things last December. Hitting around 150-155 mph across the start/finish line, had a issue with the engine cutting out the first day. That was fixed by re-gapping the new spark plugs, never had any issues with fuel starvation thanks to the fuel cell. Second day crossed the start/finish line and my brake pedal went to the floor fast, we put a new brake line on the caliper. Got the car ready for the night session, went to pass a Porsche on the outside before going into NASCAR two and the transmission broke. I would try and remove it from third and after I finally did while sitting it was stuck in neutral and that was the end to the weekend. Spent day 3 going to DisneyWorld specifically star wars area, haha.

So the car needs a 6 speed, aero and more horsepower. But first.. video and pictures from Daytona.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #542 (Edited)
Since the 5 speed is dead, I decided it was time to go all out on the transmission. I found pretty much THE expert on Subaru transmissions, Zach at ZF Design. I didn't want to go sequential because of the insane cost amount plus I like actually shifting gears. I also decided to go ahead and convert from 5x100 to 5x114 as well.

Here is the transmission build plus other parts. I'm taking the hubs and rear brembos to be powercoated this week as well. Pictures coming soon, transmission should be done soon!

ZF Design base 6 speed 2006 STi transmission

Short 2-4 and medium 5-6 gears

Ratios:
1 - 3.63
2 - 2.375
3 - 1.761
4 - 1.346
5 - .972
6 - .756
Rear diff - 3.54

Carbon 4-6 synchro upgrades
1.1:1 center differential
All gears and internals surface treated
Steel 1-2 shift fork upgrade
Steel 3-4 shift fork upgrade
Billet shift selector upgrade
Internal oil pump upgrade
AP Racing Front Differential upgrade

ZF Design STI Full Metallic Clutch Kit
ACT XACT Prolite Flywheel (06 STi)
DSS Subaru 2004-2007 STI 6-Speed (R180 Rear) 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
MapDCCD

2006 STi Rear Differential
2006 STi Axles (Front & Rear)
2006 STi Rear Brembo brake calipers
2006 STi 5x114 hubs (Front & Rear)

Subaru OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder (06+ STI) (30620AA151)
STI Short Throw Shift Kit (6-Speed) C1010-FE004
Carbotech XP10 Brake Pads
Rear Centric Premium High Carbon Brake Rotors
Kartboy Tall Short throw shifter
All TIC/Kartboy 6 speed shifter bushings
OEM JDM STi Shift Knob

Still to buy:
KW Racecomp Clubsport Coilovers (waiting to hear back from Myles if this is possible)
Volk TE37 17x8 5x114 +38 Saga Bronze Wheels

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,554 Posts
That'll be an awesome upgrade! One thing to note: DSS actually makes a carbon driveshaft with the appropriate length for the GC when it's equipped with the STi 6 speed and R180. I'd opt for that instead of the GD specific driveshaft.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
That'll be an awesome upgrade! One thing to note: DSS actually makes a carbon driveshaft with the appropriate length for the GC when it's equipped with the STi 6 speed and R180. I'd opt for that instead of the GD specific driveshaft.
Thanks! I'll ask Zach about that. I know he was going to re-drill holes in the rear diff so it would fit correctly, not sure if he has done that yet or not.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Zach told me "The GD/GC shafts are the same length and DSS likes to break down certain parts by chassis to make it easier/ less confusing for people to order. Axles specially the have several different part numbers across the same physical axle."

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,554 Posts
Why not have him put the proper flange on instead? 38358AA040

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,554 Posts
I'd recommend Zach follow up with them again. Maybe this changed, but back in 2018 they informed me directly that SUSH8 (the GC shaft) was a quarter inch longer. But he's the expert I guess.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
974 Posts
That setup will be an enormous upgrade. Glad to see yer still at it and posting here.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
Waiting to hear from Myles at Racecomp if KW will make me a set of GD KW 3-Way Clubsports. He is waiting to hear from KW.

Waiting to hear from Dewey if he can get me 5x114 17x9 TE37 Saga Wheels with a higher offset. Otherwise I may just order 17x8 +38 (exactly what I have now but in 5x114). Might have to borrow a set of wheels from a friend to just move the car around, haha. I'm building a house so I don't have a garage now.

I'm also waiting for the front and rear knuckles to be finished from the powercoater. I have the rear brembos getting coated with a similar color of the front AP racing calipers.

WRECKING shit!

Sorry noTe, I'm done.
lol it is okay

541 - 556 of 556 Posts