Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

521 - 540 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
The window net is slick, good call mounting it to the cage rather than the pillar.

Are you using a HANS?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #524 (Edited)
The window net is slick, good call mounting it to the cage rather than the pillar.

Are you using a HANS?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I don't use HANS but I do use a Simpson hybrid sport. All I have left to add safety wise is a fire suppression system... I might upgrade my seats to Circuit 2's next year (has more side head protection)

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
Back from paint and I am super happy how it turned out. They also sanded down areas where I chipped the bars with my harness belts over years. Going to let the paint cure for about 2 weeks then put clear bra over the bars that take abuse haha.

Sent my gauge cluster wiring to iWire so I can use a 2005 USDM STI gauge cluster. I wanted the RPMs in the center, shift beep/light and it will be nice to see if I'm doing over 120 MPH now haha.

Also going to try and hard wire my GoPro 7 Black so I can do a live stream of sessions at Daytona over my phone.

Dash will go back in this week along with the center net and window net... once I get the gauge wiring back from iWire I'm going to start getting everything mechanically checked. (oil change, trans fluid change, rear diff fluid change, brake fluid change, check on wheel bearings, axles, clutch, fly wheel etc)

521 - 540 of 540 Posts