Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

501 - 520 of 556 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
I'm curious what you guys think of this.

So right now I just have the OEM dash bar behind the dash and it has always been something I should fix. I'm going to have Adam (local guy who does rally cages) basically add everything in the second picture below to my cage.

What do you guys think? I'll have to some how paint all of the new cage white, I think someone does OEM spray paint in a can? lol

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,914 Posts
The oem steering wheel mounts rely heavily on the stock bar, as well as the pedal mounts. Something to think about. And our cars front strut towers are out of reach from inside. You probably wont get any addition benefit from all the work

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,914 Posts
Have any pics by chance?
nothing great. wasnt pretty how i mounted it but it works. The gas pedal only mounts to floor. the sterring wheel is just those two holes. My tilt wheel even still works. The brake/clutch supports go to that angle

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,361 Posts
Just tie it into the cage. It's all good.

Weld a bar from a-pillar to the dash bar on each side. Bit of a downward angle and she won't be coming out. 1.5" would do nicely.

If you are hell bent on going to the strut towers, I know the feeling, if that is the only photo you have, you can see he is going through the firewall in the middle and the side from the a pillars, always a beautiful design :D

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
Just tie it into the cage. It's all good.

Weld a bar from a-pillar to the dash bar on each side. Bit of a downward angle and she won't be coming out. 1.5" would do nicely.

If you are hell bent on going to the strut towers, I know the feeling, if that is the only photo you have, you can see he is going through the firewall in the middle and the side from the a pillars, always a beautiful design :D
I think time trial rules might prevent me going through the firewall, I'll have to check that

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey noTe! Such a badass car! I just picked up a lightly prepped rallycross 99 2.5rs with an EJ203 swap and I live in Sharonville. Who did your cage work? Awesome to see you've stuck with the car for 8 years.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
hey noTe! Such a badass car! I just picked up a lightly prepped rallycross 99 2.5rs with an EJ203 swap and I live in Sharonville. Who did your cage work? Awesome to see you've stuck with the car for 8 years.
Thanks, this October will be 12 years actually! Time flies!

A friend did the cage but he no longer does fabrication. He used to race in King of the Hammers, goes by the name Mike "Carwash"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright, thanks for the info. I’m actually looking to cage one of my AE86s soon if possible so I’m on the lookout if you know anyone else. I’d love to see your car in action some time. Keep the event updates rolling ?. Oh and you got post number 513, ironic.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #516 (Edited)
Cage modifications are coming along, will post more pictures once it is done. Also bought some more safety stuff. Buying all new roof and front/rear window molding since all of the old stuff had to be removed.

501 - 520 of 556 Posts