Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

381 - 400 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Ohhhh, that's awesome. Pretty neat he came up from Virginia! I'm debating if I want to go back again next year.. I kinda want to try new tracks but it's hard to pass up such a great track with amazing grip.
He's actually located in Columbus Ohio, works for a large dealer group out there. Either way, love these shots. People were going nuts for the photos on the GC8 Subaru Owners facebook page when I posted them there :)

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #383 (Edited)
Not really a ton of updates, life pretty much knocked me down hard with some recent things but focusing on my car makes me feel better. Anyways...

Signed up to do a HPDE at Mid-Ohio in the beginning of April. Event is called Gridlife, signed up for the advanced group even though I haven't raced at Mid-Ohio yet. It was the only group that allowed solo drivers, seemed the other groups were for super beginners that have never done a track day. So if you are there, come say hi

Issues to fix:

Fuel Starvation - Putting a 12 gallon racing cell in the spare tire area with a Holley Hydromat inside. Removing the surge tank and going to sell it since I won't need it. I feel like Samuel L Jackson in Snakes on a Plane. I'm tired of these damn fuel issues on this damn car! Haha

Brake cooling - Going to add some braking ducting and make use of the Prodrive fog covers the way I wanted. Should help the front rotors last longer.

Throttle cable - I replaced my L throttle cable with a WRX throttle cable and yet still the top of the pedal likes to kind of stick. I think it's the cable getting stuck on something.

Find hood struts - Need to find hood struts that will work, my hood prop doesn't like to stay in place and it's just a super stupid annoying thing to deal with all the time.

Later in the year or next year: AP Racing Essex front calipers

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
I have one friend who just picked up AP's for his car so im waiting on feedback from him, an another buddy got a Alcon 6/4 set that im waiting on feedback, i may end up throwing brembos or used stoptechs on for now but i like the AP's a lot, super light!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Two Holley Hydromats installed on each side of the tank. Hoping this fixes the fuel starvation issue once and for all. I plan on doing a track day at Daytona this year or next year so I have to get this thing fixed before then.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Thats exactly how i was going to set up those in my car, i wonder how well the mat works with the jet pump on the other side. hopefully it all works out though those things werent cheap :lol:

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #398 (Edited)
Looking good. Lots of time left on the table though, you could easily shave a second at 1-1:10, keep her more straight through that chicane ;)
Oh I got way faster Sunday, haha. I need to go through all of my clips and see which one had the fastest lap and post it. Last session of the day I went off after thunder valley, I braked late and over steered. Car is fine though thanks to the sand trap!

Just the start of photos I've received... many more and video soon.

11:30 into this video I pass a STi but then realized the fuel was too low to keep going and had to get off track. But dat ass. Haha

381 - 400 of 540 Posts