Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 380 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Your buddy Matt Dillon in the white Corvette and I work together, and he mentioned you had an RS too, sent me links to those pictures. Love it! You're on the Subaru Impreza GC8 Owners Club at the moment with those pictures :)

Love the car, so clean! How did you fare at Indy?

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Your buddy Matt Dillon in the white Corvette and I work together, and he mentioned you had an RS too, sent me links to those pictures. Love it! You're on the Subaru Impreza GC8 Owners Club at the moment with those pictures :)

Love the car, so clean! How did you fare at Indy?
Matt Dillon... for some reason I am drawing a blank with that name, haha. Did he have a Subaru before his Corvette?

Indy was great minus the overheated brakes, haha

·
Registered
2001 BDP RS Sedan
121 Posts
Matt Dillon... for some reason I am drawing a blank with that name, haha. Did he have a Subaru before his Corvette?

Indy was great minus the overheated brakes, haha
Fluid Photo | Dillon This gent here, said he recalled your car when we were chatting one day, sent me the photos, love how they came out.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Fluid Photo | Dillon This gent here, said he recalled your car when we were chatting one day, sent me the photos, love how they came out.
Ohhhh, that's awesome. Pretty neat he came up from Virginia! I'm debating if I want to go back again next year.. I kinda want to try new tracks but it's hard to pass up such a great track with amazing grip.

What kind of fuel issues
Read through the journal, haha. But I'm thinking the only way to solve it.. is to replace the stock fuel cell, buy a racing cell and place a holley hydramat in it.

Holley Hydramat:

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Everyone and their mom knows track subaru's and fuel issues go hand in hand. I am surprised you act like you have never heard of this.
I never said I didn't know of fuel issues. If you have read through the journal you would have seen I had a fuel surge tank to fix the issue. I'm just ticked off I spent over 1k for the tank and installation yet it didn't fix it.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Dude the hydramat is awesome! Ive bumped into a few people that run it and have nothing but good things to say, most mention the install is a little tricky but have completely gotten rid of starvation issues. I dont know why more people havent switched to them, i think people are real skeptical about it.

My plan was to run an 8x3 mat on the pass side for the fuel lift line, then plop an 11x11 on the pump side with an in-tank pump, i may put AN fittings on the sending unit and take out the clamp lines since i cant use the OE hard lines anymore.

361 - 380 of 540 Posts