Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

301 - 320 of 540 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Signed up for second track at Putnam Park on the 25. Hoping it will be dry this time.. want to make sure the car runs great before my track day at Indy.

Also bought a set of race ramps and a pair of wheel chocks. Borrowed a set of ramps last time from a friend and they worked really well.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
I saw your windshield bars go through your front vents, you cant get the dash out of the car can you? Im trying to decide where to run my tubing where i can still access stuff under the dash and interior

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,180 Posts
Yes, there is no real way to make the cage while making the dash un-removable. You have t oc ut the dash, so you have no worries there. The cage should be made as safe as possible, the dash comes next. Not, how to fit my cage nicely around the dash.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
The bar can go forward about 2+ inches on the floor and go through the defrost vent area, which you can cut out going towards the windshield, thus making the dash removable. Im keeping all my hvac and radio so the dash needs to be able to come off.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '03 WRX Wgn
3,587 Posts
The bar can go forward about 2+ inches on the floor and go through the defrost vent area, which you can cut out going towards the windshield, thus making the dash removable. Im keeping all my hvac and radio so the dash needs to be able to come off.
That's what I'd like to do for the future.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
I see a blower, you have heat just no AC right? Im leaving the evaporator in just in case i want to put AC in down the road, luxury track car i guess but its priceless when your sitting in the paddock when its 95* outside :lol:

·
Registered
98 Coupe Race Car
114 Posts
Thats what I did, however once the dash is in and installed with wiring, trust me in saying you will not want to ever take it out lol. My dash is just the bare shell with ducting instead of the plastic tubes under it, and its cut down the center where the HVAC goes to allow it to bend.

The RS dash is even worse, however it also depends on how some of the supports land in your cage.

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,661 Posts
:lol:

Random but necessary! I put on a Tomei Expreme but with the mounting points, it hangs pretty low and I want to get it back up and tight a bit more. Are you using the Kartboy Short ones?

301 - 320 of 540 Posts