Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 300 of 540 Posts

·
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
beatrush makes one, could get it powder coated a flat black

I could maybe fab something up, need to do it to my car too. Let me look at it this weekend and see what I can come up with. Then I can just make 2 :)

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
Flat black plexiglass firewall, or even a flocked piece would work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '03 WRX Wgn
3,587 Posts
Yeah, I want to get into more autox since the skills you pick up will help at the track. But for the seat time to $ ratio, track day is so much better. And you don't have to work at the track day.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '03 WRX Wgn
3,587 Posts
I requested upgraded lines so it uses Goodridge Teflon 810 instead of rubber hoses.

Wiring is going to be done today but here it is installed. Need to come up with an idea for a firewall now... something that won't have glare that won't blind me from looking through the rear window.

Oh, sold my 2015 WRX in 6 days after it was posted on craigslist. I can focus on getting the 4Runner ready for long drives to the track now... it needs a wheel bearing, shocks and a nice pioneer headunit.
Any pics of the lines that go into the fuel tank? My current surge tank is in the engine bay and if I want to install a accusump, it'll have to go where the surge tank is now.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Yeah, I want to get into more autox since the skills you pick up will help at the track. But for the seat time to $ ratio, track day is so much better. And you don't have to work at the track day.
This is true, but you can't stuff your car into a tire wall at a properly designed autox course. Both times I have been to buttonwillow bad **** has gone down :(

Still tho, I miss doing track, I gotta finish my car already!

Nice driving in the rain noTe! I agree tho its pretty hairy in the wet, I did streets in the rain and it was a hand full.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Any pics of the lines that go into the fuel tank? My current surge tank is in the engine bay and if I want to install a accusump, it'll have to go where the surge tank is now.
Sorry, I didn't get pictures of it while Turn In Concepts installed it.

This is true, but you can't stuff your car into a tire wall at a properly designed autox course. Both times I have been to buttonwillow bad **** has gone down :(

Still tho, I miss doing track, I gotta finish my car already!

Nice driving in the rain noTe! I agree tho its pretty hairy in the wet, I did streets in the rain and it was a hand full.
Actually I cracked my front bumper on two cones at the autocross, zero damage from the track haha. Putnam Park (the track I was at) has tons of run off areas except for the last turn before the straightaway so it is a great learning track.

I signed up to do another track day at Putnam next month. Already registered to do a three day track weekend with a Porsche Club at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in August :devil: We'll be doing the grand prix layout. I cannot wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I applaud your choice on a white cage and that flocked dash dear sir.

Your rsLwrx looks mighty fine.

I also might just have to suede or flock a dash now. :clap: :projectsti.com:

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
i used to rent those uhauls, i think they 2200 by themselves, heavy bloats. so good job towing.

looking at that aerial though, doesn't look like hills are much of a problem

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
i used to rent those uhauls, i think they 2200 by themselves, heavy bloats. so good job towing.

looking at that aerial though, doesn't look like hills are much of a problem
Yeah I had no issues towing it at all, it was definitely a learning experience. A friend let be borrow his race ramps and that helped the exhaust not getting scraped on the ground. Just bought a set today for myself.

Once I get a house this year I'll end up buying my own trailer... as long as it can fit in the garage along side the car haha.

Sweet! Cannot wait for vids
Oh there will be a ton of footage haha

That autocross course is huge! Super jealous. How's the surge tank perform?
It performed great! I did test it up some extreme up hill back roads a few times, no issues at all with fuel now!

281 - 300 of 540 Posts