Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 540 Posts

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
no sensor, playin with fire. How do you know which maps to run?

my last tank of e85 was 68% from Sheetz, the tank before that was 60% from speedway. I guess you can check your fuel trims to see if your running the right map
I have the following tunes:

E85 Track
E85 Steet
E70 Track
E70 Street

Corbin (who tuned my car) is running COBB's new flexfuel kit and will let me know when the area switches from 70 to 85. My car isn't driven during the cold weather so once I pump E85 into it, I won't be putting E70 back in. I was told nowadays once they switch to 85 it doesn't change by much.. maybe 2 or 3 the most.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
ok just watch though, cause even when i would be on 1/8 tank or so and fill up with e85, id still be around e50-60. takes like 3 tanks to flush out, unless you just drain it

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Kinda related but I decided it was time that I get something that could tow the L to the track. The car is too loud and you can't exactly put E85 containers in the back of a track car.

So I bought a 2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 yesterday, I'll be putting my 2015 WRX forsale next week sometime. Already purchased WeatherTech floor mats and Valeo Wipers for the 4Runner too.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #270 (Edited)
nice, a buddy of mine just picked up a '15 4runner but i like that older body style better. and V8 :cool:
I like both body styles but I didn't want to pay more than 15k haha. I really lucked out on this one... I found it the day after it was traded in, it wasn't even inspected or cleaned from the dealership and this 4Runner was actually sold brand new from there along with service... so I can get every service record for it

Nice tow rig!
Thanks!

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
To finally fix my fuel starvation issue I ordered a Radium Surge Tank with a Walbro F90000274 E85 fuel pump today. I tried finding a cheaper solution to this but I couldn't find anything that would work with E85 and after watching assembly video of the surge tank on Youtube, I was sold.

·
Part Deux
2001 WRXed Caged L
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I requested upgraded lines so it uses Goodridge Teflon 810 instead of rubber hoses.

Wiring is going to be done today but here it is installed. Need to come up with an idea for a firewall now... something that won't have glare that won't blind me from looking through the rear window.

Oh, sold my 2015 WRX in 6 days after it was posted on craigslist. I can focus on getting the 4Runner ready for long drives to the track now... it needs a wheel bearing, shocks and a nice pioneer headunit.

261 - 280 of 540 Posts