Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 RX-7 TII - 05 2.5rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parking lights wont turn off only while the car is on. I have the DRL switch unplugged, the parking light switch turned off, but they stay on along with the dash lights that are controlled by the dimmer switch. My headlight switch could be completely off, yet Im still able to control the dimmer lights too as if the headlights were on. I dont know what else to do to fix this. I dont want any of these lights on while Im driving unless intended to.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,239 Posts
Have you tested/replaced the head light multi switch?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,239 Posts
Quick peek at the wiring diagram, power goes through the parking light switch, to the multi switch, to the relay. so it could potentially be a bad parking light switch as well.

·
Registered
89 RX-7 TII - 05 2.5rs
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick peek at the wiring diagram, power goes through the parking light switch, to the multi switch, to the relay. so it could potentially be a bad parking light switch as well.
Now that you mention it the parking light switch could be it. I tried switching it on and off before and it did nothing at all. Ill test it out or replace it and see if that does it.

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
173 Posts
Now that you mention it the parking light switch could be it. I tried switching it on and off before and it did nothing at all. I'll test it out or replace it and see if that does it.
Did that fix it? I'm having a similar issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts