Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at how to register this car and its previously registered as an RS.. however the ad says it is an RS-X and so does a youtube video from several years ago from a car dealership.. so not sure what happens and dont want my insurance voided due to wrong rego.

·
Banned
1993 Nissan Skyline GTR32
200 Posts
Where do you live? I've never heard of an "RS-X" unless it was an Acura.. Just get the vin# and put it into CarFax, they give a minimal yet enough info on the cars make, model, and trim (WRX/STI/RS etc) as well as where it was made (Gunma Japan or w/e)

None the less, register it as an RS, when you give them (your insurance) the Vin#, they'll know themselves, so just dont say anything. Call it an RS.

Edit: A quick search shows me that its an AUS model (so you're in Kangaroo land?), and RS and RS-x is the same thing, except the tires and wheels are diff on the -X, which isn't that big of a deal.. just tell your insurance all you know is that its a Suggaru Impresha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you live? I've never heard of an "RS-X" unless it was an Acura.. Just get the vin# and put it into CarFax, they give a minimal yet enough info on the cars make, model, and trim (WRX/STI/RS etc) as well as where it was made (Gunma Japan or w/e)

None the less, register it as an RS, when you give them (your insurance) the Vin#, they'll know themselves, so just dont say anything. Call it an RS.

Edit: A quick search shows me that its an AUS model (so you're in Kangaroo land?), and RS and RS-x is the same thing, except the tires and wheels are diff on the -X, which isn't that big of a deal.. just tell your insurance all you know is that its a Suggaru Impresha.
Hahahaha, yeah I am in Kangaroo land.

Thanks for that mate, should be on a truck to my house next week. :)

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Woah what color is that?

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
Mechanically its the same as any 04-05 Model year RS, the only difference is the wheels, and the available colors, if I remember correctly that color which is supposed to be something like "ice blue metallic" is a special edition color. I know I saw a wiki page about it somewhere....

Edit: It looks to be the same color as the special edition WR1 cars!

Wikipedia said:
WR1 (2004)

A limited edition of 1000 Japanese MY04 WRX STI's with DCCD were exported to celebrate victory in the 2003 WRC drivers' championship. 500 were sold in Europe, Australia and South Africa as the Petter Solberg edition; the other 500 were further modified by Prodrive and sold in the UK as the WR1. They had 320 bhp (239 kW) and 309.8 ft·lbf (420.0 N·m), a 0–60 mph time of 4.25 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph (249 km/h) (electronically limited). They were equipped with Prodrive WRX STI springs, Pirelli PZero Nero tires, mesh grilles, special Ice Blue metallic paint and Prodrive PFF7 Pewter wheels. The new ECU and exhaust were not EU-homologated, so they were fitted after registering the car.
Although the Wiki article doesn't mention the RS-X, Im going to guess that it was made for the same reason..

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
If I ever respray my bugeye, thats the color I want, I like the idea of having a one in a million color....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts