Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Yes I'm the newest member here (and i-club) and I have some newbie questions for ya'll. :D
I currently own a 99 Nissan Sentra SE Limited and a long time member of sr20deforum.com. I love my car, but recently came upon a 99 2.5 RS within my budget. It has 57k on the odo and doesn't have a negative carfax report. I will be goin' down this saturday to drive it and see if the dealer can make a good offer. Anywho, I was curious if there is any particular maintenance I should do if I bring her home, i.e. plugs, wires, cap rotor, etc. Also, is there a website that has a plethora of info regarding the imprezas? For example, www.se-r.net has a gobs of important info regarding my Sentra. Also, was looking into a few performance upgrades and notice the Ganz CAI is no longer available for the MY99, is there another alternative? Well, I'm sure I've rattled on long enough, thanks for reading and responding! :sunny:

·
Registered
613 Posts
check out the most incredible scooby page on the web it is the uk impreza drivers club faq. it lists all the tasty gc based 276hp'd wrx's that were forbidden fruit in the usa.
as far as major maint schedules, you get new valve train belts at 90k or so but if you don't they don't explode.
caps and rotors ha ha ha those sr20de engines got caps and rotors? there is a ton of intakes for scoobys. hit the links.
remember once you go awd you will never go back.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Being a 99 RS owner the only real PITA was the MAF sensor but that has been recalled (check the vin at the dealer to see if it has the new MAF, if not get it done). Other than that there is the occaisonal coil pack failure, occaisonal tranny issues for the 5MT (usually due to abuse though), and the vary rare (though catastrophic) cam belt tensioner pulley failure. Check out Ravensblade Impreza for gobs of good info and tech docs.

edit: Oh, and the mileage looks great. You'll still be under 60k powertrain warantee.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5252 said:
check out the most incredible scooby page on the web it is the uk impreza drivers club faq. it lists all the tasty gc based 276hp'd wrx's that were forbidden fruit in the usa.
as far as major maint schedules, you get new valve train belts at 90k or so but if you don't they don't explode.
caps and rotors ha ha ha those sr20de engines got caps and rotors? there is a ton of intakes for scoobys. hit the links.
remember once you go awd you will never go back.
Thanks for the link to the site. tons of info, esp. if i get stationed in the UK! yes the sr20de has cap and rotor, did you think it had direct ing.? gotta remember nissan hasn't really changed that engine since it's development back in '91. it's too bad they can't get the sr20det to pass emissions without robbing all the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts