Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza Brighton Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m going to be upgrading the suspension and brakes on my 2001 GF8.
This is my daily that I also take driving frequently, it’s a fun and solid car, but now I’m looking to upgrade from the stock parts. This is also a winter car.

I’m not looking for high performance stuff. For brakes, just very basic rotors and pads for added stopping power. I’m also keeping the drums in the back for now so looking to upgrade those as well. For suspension I’m not looking to lower the car, just get stiffer more solid struts as the winters and roads where I live aren’t too kind on cars.

I’m mostly looking for suggestions or recommendations for manufacturers or parts that you trust that can do the job for me and anything else that can make the car more stable and solid. Should I also upgrade my other suspension bits? Anything else I should know about? I’m new to this whole thing and other than tires, suspension and brakes will be my first mods so I’m looking to do this the right way and also find out about what I should do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forester struts and Swift Forester lowering springs are a good inexpensive combo for a GF with a nice street spring rate. Add Group N top hats if your stock ones have cracks. Porterfield R4S brake pads are good, and they make shoes for the drums, too. Stock type rotors work fine. Braided stainless brake lines are worth doing if you find the brake pedal soft. Polyurethane control arm bushings give a more solid feel, but can be a royal pain depending on your rust level under the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts