Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up!

I recently bought a 2000 2.5 RS and am having a hard time finding people to point me in the right direction when it comes to some performance improvments.

What shops do you guys recomend for a subaru noob?

Thanks!

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
World one is supposed to be a good shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i went there. and your right. but they are a little to over the top for what i am looking to do. I am not interested in a engine swap. any other ones?

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
Most shops that are going to do performance parts for you will be pretty over the top. I would suggest doing some research on here and learn what parts you want, then search for the best deals. Performance isnt cheap. Once you find what you want to do for your car, search classifieds on here and even craigslist, and you can find goodies that other people are looking to get rid of for one reason or another.

Advise for performance parts for cheap for you.

1.Best by far- get a rear sway bar. A used one from a wrx will be had for cheap, for low as 20-40 dollars, and will make an extreme difference in the handling of your car.
2. Header. Perferably bolra or bolra ebay replica(which is supposably better that the bolra)
3. 2.25 inch header back exhaust-
Springs are another good choice to firm up the ride a little bit and possibly lower if you want.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
3,178 Posts
do it your self and save bank. Or get help from friends.

For the most part most of what you can buy your self will be cheaper then a shop, and for the cost to get it installed you can buy all the tools and hardware needed to install it your self and still be under the cost of having a shop install it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts