Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about the access doors at the back of the hatch area on the wagon, the ones with the clips that let the doors rattle.

Anybody have the same rattle that I do? I've tightened down the jack, that's not it. I've even tried screwing the doors to the back panel, they still rattle.

Anybody have a cure? I'm going to try foam insulation around the inside of the door to see if that works.

Ron

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, Ron. Mine rattle, too. I've decided to just live with it. If the foam thing works out, let me know. Good luck.

Hmmmm, maybe my rear STB will help?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sure fire fix for all the noises that your car can make is to TURN up the Radio. J/K..

Mine did that too, so I switched them from right to left and no more rattle and Bonus they dont fall out any more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After stripping ALL the doors out of the rear section, I've discovered that the JACK makes noise flopping around in it's section. The nut is as tight as I can make it, the mount is just kind of sloppy. I'll need to get some kind of foam to set it into to keep it quiet.

Then I guess I'll have to check the spare tire>

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
My wagon has rattles, WHAT THE HECK IS IT?!!! :curse:

They do tend to go away when the radio volume is past 18, hmmmm? :confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too hot to play outside the past few days. Not doing much driving anyway, just too hot, but getting ready for an Englishtown foreign car show this weekend.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
hmmm, no rattles here, although the radio seems to be loud most of the time when I am driving. BUT one thing I know is where my car jack is, that lil door (hatch or whatever you call it) never stays on, just falls off/open. Oh well..no biggie for me. I will have to get some pics of my car up and then I will post them.
I went to Pikes Peak Rally this weekend, and got some wagon pics, I will get those up too soon. AHHHH, what fun that was :biggest:

-Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Subie Gal was there too and posted a whole bunch of pix of all kinds of racers.

One of these days I may get there with my own car.

Still too hot to play with the car, supposed to have a heat index around 110 tomorrow, think I'll stay in the A/C and drink brew.

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
That little jack door,.... DAMN that little jack door!

Check the parking lot at Englishtown for my wagon on Sunday. I'm there every year. That's the Lowrider Summer Slam happening this weekend, I haven't missed it yet.

Good race action, sweet rides, and of course, BIKINI CONTEST!
Fun, as long as wife stays home!:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be at Englishtown, too, with my 98 OBS, wearing SKR sponsorship.

Friend of my son's works for the owner of the company, you have GOT to see his Toyota Supra (Yellow, you can't miss it).

Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eureka! I found the source of the noise from the rear end!

Under my spare tire cover is a piece of plywood. I had to get some stuff from the local Lowe's store this morning, and folded the rear seats down and took all the stuff out. The rattle was INTENSE. When I got to Lowe's, my son got out while i kept it running with the brake on, and as he lifted the carpet cover, the wood was making a lot of noise.

Now I just have to put down some foam or some rubber pieces or SOMETHING to stop the chatter.

Then I'll put foam around the bumper jack, then screw the access plates to the car with foam bits around the inside, then I should have something more like quiet!!!

Ron

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
I relocated my jack to the spare tire area which releived the jack noise, however those who don't want to remove it can make sure the jack is extended enough to fit tightly. A foam pad around the jack and on top of the spare tire compartment should do it, as for the rear tail lamp assembly access panels... I have yet to mess with them.

Should be an easy repair though.

Anyone every have problems with their rear windsheild sprayer. I bought the car without checking it out and then I tried it on the way home and fluid began to drip from the rear roof trim in the rear. I have yet to take the time to look at it.

Jon

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jon, thanks for the extra info.

As far as the rear washer, fortunately I haven't had any problems with mine.

Ron

·
Registered
92 Legacy Turbo
44 Posts
I have noticed two different types of rattles in my 99 L wagon. The first were the two access panels to the two rear lights as someone mentioned, I found that by attacting felt around the edge of the panel it prevented the vibration . I used a one sided sticky furniture flet from Home Depot and trimed them to fit.

Also, in both rear doors there are two metal rods that run from the plastic handel to the door release mechanism. In my car these two rods (2 in each door) pass through a plastic bracket that keeps them in place. These plasic brackets were blue in my car and I found that if i cut a long strip of felt and wrapped these rods about 3 inches long, this rattle went away. for quite a while I thought it was my speakers making that rattling noise.

Hope this helps.

Stu

·
Registered
123 Posts
my rear washer nozzles is at the bottom
and it sprays about 8 inches
it's really junky, one stream, and doesn't even hit high enough on the window to do anything...
wish i could change the pump and increase pressure back there or soemthing

·
Registered
28 Posts
This sounds like the rattle that I hear now.
Also, in both rear doors there are two metal rods that run from the plastic handel to the door release mechanism.
How hard was it to remove the rear door panel just a few screws I hope.

As for the rear window washer problem my car has two pumps on the main tank up front. so where is it leaking from?, the hose, connection or is it a botle in the rear?.

g6

·
Registered
92 Legacy Turbo
44 Posts
Hummm...i was refering to the two side passenger doors, I have yet to go "exploring" in the rear trunk door for vibrations. As for the side doors it's very easy to get those panels off just be mindful that you don't accidentally scratch the plastic.

Stu

·
Registered
28 Posts
Noisy rattle from the back

I had a rattle from the back after getting new tires the rattle went away. You may want to check your tires if they have become unbalanced or poped a cord(like mine).

g6

1 - 19 of 19 Posts