Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2000 outback sport with wrx swap.

When I'm turning right at slow speeds in a parking lot I'm getting this mix of grinding/whirring noises that seems to be coming from the front right of the car. It's only when I have the steering wheel at one specific point, and no other points. I would say it's between 50-75 percent of the way to full lock where the noise occurs.

I was thinking it could be the endlinks as they aren't exactly straight, but it's not doing it at the other end and only recently started making the noise. Other than that, I guess it could be the axle? I have spherical endlinks but they don't line up properly and are angled. Can I just put a series of regular old washers to make them line up or is that a really shoddy fix?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
'97 Impreza L
2,537 Posts
I would be thinking axle, wheel bearing or tire rubbing (depending on your setup). Those are typically the problem children in this situation (tire rubbing probably isn't it, but just tossed that out there since the noise is only at a certain point).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.